Quantcast

2001 Polaris Trailblazer 250 Starting Problems

jhsulliv

Having difficulty starting my 4-wheeler. Replaced the throttle cable. Throttle cable was acting a little weird. If you pulled on it the engine would rev up and down. That did not fix the problem. When the start button is pushed... it just continues to try to crank. If the spark plug is removed and then turn the engine over a couple of times and then put the spark plug back in the 4-wheeler it cranks with no problem. As long as I don't shut it off it runs great. But once it is shut off I have to go through this whole process again

jhsulliv

Hi and welcome to QC! Will it start with the recoil starter or is just the electric start? If you use the recoil is it hard to start also? As Wylde1 said, check your compression with a good tester, screw in type, not push in type. Also, check the color of the spark (should be blue not orange) and color of the plug, could be you got a bad ignition coil. My guess is low compression.....been there too.......good luck!:wink:

i have seen this problem b4 on several polaris machines ... and it is usually a problem with the starter gears ... they get a little rust and or some ware on them and will hang up and stick ... and it will need to be taken apart an checked for ware and make shure it has proper lube on the ends of the shafts and some lube on the gears but not alot ... also the bendix can be hanging up and causing it to do that ... i would check this out an go from there ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By kiriyaaoi
      Hello everyone, I just picked up an 02 LT-F250F the other day and have been in the process of tearing it down to fix some stuff- one of which was the cylinder base gasket leaking like a sieve. Well, I know why that is now, and I also discovered that someone had been in there before. I didn't take pictures, but it looks like it was probably run low on oil at some point, the cam journals and the "bearings" (for lack of a better term) in the head and the valve cover are totally wiped out, very deep grooves.  From what I know it's very difficult to repair aluminum in this way, so I'm trying to figure out where to go next.

1. Have someone grind down the head and valve cover and fit actual bearings in since the aluminum is screwed, and have the cam ground down to match.  I have no idea what this would cost.
      2. Buy a replacement head+cam+valve cover.

#1 I was hoping someone might have some advice on, but #2 seems like it'll (probably) be the more cost effective option.  However I'm running into some difficulty, it seems like the 2001 and 2002 models specifically use a different head part number,  11100-19B10, instead of  11100-19B01 like for all earlier models.  What exactly is the difference between them? There are obviously far more of the earlier heads because it ran for over 10 years.  Are they actually interchangeable? I've also noticed there are heads from the LT250EF that has 4 valve heads but also otherwise look identical.  Would those work as well possibly?  I'd like to not have to drop $500 on machine work or new heads on a $1300 quad that I'm already putting a bunch of new parts on.  Oh, and it has a new piston and the cylinder itself looks pretty good too, as I said someone was in here before me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of the carnage tomorrow.

• By Roofus
      I cant seem to find what this part is called. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I must be misinterpereting the parts catalog or something? I dont see it in the rear axle section. I think it may be in the rear brake assembly section? click link to view picture.

[removed broken image]
    • By starsteven22
      Anyone have a problem with the Polaris instrument cluster/speedometer frozen(part # 3280453) ? Mine is always showing R and slow now(see photo), Did it go bad or can you reset it or is something else the problem. It is on a 2004 Sportsman 500

• By El_Guapo
      Howdy- looking to pick the collective brain on all things Chinese ATV! rewiring a major basket case project Kazuma Falcon 250! any help with wiring diagrams is appreciated ! cheers!
    • By Ulfthednar
      Got others in the works. 
      Been years since I really played with editing software and content creation. ATV+Gopro+Davinci.
      https://youtu.be/-JV-xEq9uW8