Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Battery for Winch?

Anyone ever deal with balistics batteries? They look like the ticket for me

I also use a schumacker trickle charger

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Wow now thats a cool battery

8 Cell EVO 2

Dimensions: 112MM (L) x 60MM (W) x 103MM (H)

Positive Terminal Location: Left

Weight: 825 grams (1.81 lb)

Voltage (Charged): 13.6V

Amperage: 15 Pbeq A/H

Cold Cranking Amps: 275 CCA

Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)

Typical Applications: 1000cc and under multi-cylinder motorcycles and 450cc singles.

8 Cell EVO2 (100-011) - $159.99

I been doing some research and I haven't been able to find too many reviews on using this battery on ATV's and Winching.

I swear by the Odyssey batteries.

I had one in a old standup jetski that lasted a good 10 years under unspeakable abuse. Full discharges, floodings, and full salt water shorts.

They also have near no internal discharge do they can be left alone without a battery maintainer for seasons on end and will still be ready to go when needed.

They are expensive, but so worth it.

Wow now thats a cool battery

8 Cell EVO 2

Dimensions: 112MM (L) x 60MM (W) x 103MM (H)

Positive Terminal Location: Left

Weight: 825 grams (1.81 lb)

Voltage (Charged): 13.6V

Amperage: 15 Pbeq A/H

Cold Cranking Amps: 275 CCA

Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)

Typical Applications: 1000cc and under multi-cylinder motorcycles and 450cc singles.

8 Cell EVO2 (100-011) - $159.99

I been doing some research and I haven't been able to find too many reviews on using this battery on ATV's and Winching.

They might be a newe company but the specs on the batteries are awesome. an 8 cell battery weighs only 2lbs!

It all depends on the temperatures and parasitic draw. It's best to remove the battery and store it somewhere where it will be warm. Also lead acid batteries (wet cell) have internal draw that happens all the time, so they will discharge themselves and it gets worse with age.

It's a good idea to put them in the garage and on a tender every so often during winter. This also keeps the electronics in your quad from draining them. At the very least, disconnect the negitive terminal before leaving it be for long periods of time then charge it before you use it again.