Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Track'in In Deep Snow & Blew a Belt

We had just had 3 days of storminess & the mountains got some good snow .... along with the storms we had lots of high winds. So my buddy and I decided to “Go Track’in” !! :cheers2c:

At the elevation we had decided to ride (7200 ft), I was expecting 8 to maybe 12 inches of fresh snow ... WRONG !! ... on the ridges it wasn’t too bad ... but any low spot or East facing hill it was DEEP !! Had it coming up over my front bumper & my box was pushing it in some places.

My buddy told me I was piss’in him off !! Cause I was pretty much go’in any place I wanted ... and he was gett’in stuck !! :toetap05c: After the stuck in the video ... where we hurry up & dig him out, we decided to go back to the main road/trail. It was still blown over with soft snow, and we made a couple side detours ... After about the fourth time my buddy got stuck, he just stayed in my tracks. And then my belt let go. Guess I worked it too hard !! :dammit:

I also figured with the clutching I have & the smaller drive sprockets on my tracks, running in high was A-OK !!! ..... should have known better in this really deep & soft snow ... cause I think the belt just got to hot & let some of the inside gogs go .... DAMN IT !! :brickwall:

And even THAT wouldn’t have been too bad .... but three weeks ago, I took the spare belt & tools out of my box !! :aargh: Took 2 1/2 hours to tow me 3 miles ... Oh yeah, guess what’s go’in BACK into my box !!! :wasntme:

I also forgot to adjust the exposure on my helmet cam so the video is kinda washed out ... but I hope you enjoy it !! :cheer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWBQIOFzUTE]03 Mar 012 - Deep Snow & Blown Belt - YouTube[/ame]

cool vid gunny .... sucks that your belt broke .... love your vids .... you will be back at it again real soon i know ...lol... easy fix this time ...

Glad you enjoyed the vid CK Guy !! :cheer:

Hey, better a belt than an axle or CV Joint ... right !! :coolgleamAc:

THANKS fer the kind words ... :bow: & I'll be back out maybe Monday !! :woot:

cool vid Gunny, sorry to hear of your troubles... pain in the a$$ getting towed !!

THANKS Oxidized Dude !! :cheers2c:

No ... it was more of a pain in the left leg ... on one uphill pull, I got off the bike & was try'in to help push it & steer .... the left rear track caught my foot & pulled me under :blush5c: ... thought I was back in the dunes with paddles ... and I wish I had THAT on video ... :smilielol5c: ... :smilielol5c:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By kawasig
      Hello there
      I'm having a problem finding a quality carburetor for a 1993 Suzuki Quad Runner lt-f 250 2x4. I find a lot that have 3-4 star ratings. And all so far don't have the right throttle Cable inlet at the top. The last one I got 4 star on Amazon has a threaded cable sheath rest that could be partially drilled to work. I would prefer to get one I don't have to modify. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By StayTheTrail
      Hey everyone!
      Ya'll have been so great and welcoming to our new Ambassador program, we wanted to be sure that Quad Crazy was getting info directly from us about the Stay The Trail educational program too.
      The program was started in 2003 with the purpose of educating the public about responsible trail use and fostering a sense of stewardship among OHV enthusiasts.
      The "Where To Go" section of our website is another great resource for anyone looking for trail info. We host all of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) and overlay them on the Google mapping system. We want this site to be the place you go to for trail maps as you plan a run. The MVUM maps show what trails are open for what types of vehicles. If a trail is not on these maps, it is not an open trail.
      We attend events and set up at trailheads throughout the season to ensure that folks are getting the info and education they need to be responsible on public trails. We have posters and brochures that quickly review these guidelines (all of the Etiquette info can also be found on the website).

Very soon, we will have a HUGE announcement about mobile mapping options!
      Sam and Matt are going to be around on the forum, keeping everyone updated on what is new with the program and answering questions. Feel free to ask us any questions!
      Oh – and don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK!
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content