Quantcast

broke the polaris 2day

:aargh: well i know that the front differential on the polaris isint bullet proof ...lol.. i broke the front pinion shaft off on my sportsman X2 today ... so now im gonna have to spend more money now ...lol... i use this machine for working my landscape business and for trail riding some times also ... it is a very tough machine and i work it very hard .. didnt figure i would have to fix any gears on it yet though ... it only has 1465 miles on it as of now ... but i guess i was working it 2 hard ... lol.. so now its off to ebay .. and spending money ...lol:confused:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wheel hop while in 4x4 is what im shure caused it ...i had a tree branch ..(kinda big) hooked to my 5000 lb wench on the front of it and was pulling backwards and it wheel hopped a couple times and that was the end of it ... and its still sitting here broke ... been fighting with polaris toget it replaced under warrantee ... but looks like im gonna get stuck with it ...

if i could just get polaris to just replace the housing ( thats what really broke ) it would be great ... i would then put my gears in the new husing ... but get-n them to give any thing up is not gonna be easy ... they dont like to warantee any thing if they dont have to .. i guess its a big problem with polaris ..they dont like to warantee any big dollar parts ... its been sitting here now for 3 months ... the warantee ran out 12 days after it broke .. but i had it at the dealer (stealer) 10 days b4 the warantee was up.. so its a fight with them now... the front differential (used on ebay ) sells for $399.00 and up .. and at the dealer is $1400.00 ... im not even asking them to install it .. i will do that ..(about 4 hours work) .. just send me the parts .. wont buy another from the local polaris dealer again...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Clydaho
      2022 Sector 550, 414 miles on it and the gas gauge reads empty.  I topped off the gas and it didn't change.
      There is no fuse that I could find.  No access at the gauge cluster.
      Wiring on the top of the tank looks good, properly connected.
      Could the sending unit in the tank be stuck or broken?
      Has anybody removed the tank lid?  Any tricks?  
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks for any help,
      Clyde
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4