Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bigredneck01

91 king quad new problem

Ok it is blowing air the rong way instead of sucking it thru the air box its blowing air to the air box and all hoses are hooked up corectley and it also has a loss in compression it will build compression and then loose it wile cranking ?????

ok i will check it out i tried adjusting them but i am in no way an expert on adjusting valves wat do i need to do to get it not to stick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• kodiak compression issue

I am new to forum, please bare with me. I have a 2000 Kodiak 400 that would not start, found timing had jumped 4 teeth, reset timing 'no luck', checked valve clearance all ok, .04 int / .08 exh, no luck. fire is excellent, did compression check (with gauges) compression is at "0". checked valves again still same. did leak down test found no leaks by intake nor by exhaust nor into crankcase. pulled head and gasket not blown, valves looked good (little carbon) pulled jug checked rings looked good. replaced with new rings, decarboned valves reinstalled top end reset timing and valves, still no compression. can any one please tell me what I am missing? by the way in past 19+ years have done many top ends never had this problem.

By recon, in General ATV Discussion

• 7 replies
    • 1995 Suzuki LT-F4WDX gas coming out vaccum hoses

I'm the happy owner of a 1995 Suxuki, - but due to work travel it has been sitting in a corner for more than 10 years. I'm trying to get it back to life, and I have it firing up, but it is rough on the idle (rich), and gas is coming out of the hoses running up to the shifter area. I assume I have to do some work on the carburetor, but I would appreciate any help pinpointing the issue. I have ordered a manual. Thank you in advance.

By Poul, in General ATV Discussion

• 4 replies
    • 2013 Honda Rancher 420 loose hub

Any idea what would cause the cotter pin to break and the nut to back off?  The loose hub is wollored out so its trash and the axle splines show a little wear.   I'm going to replace the hub and I'm curious how much play is acceptable before I need to replace the axle?

By redmastercraft, in Honda ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • Blaster build.

So I have a lot of free time in the winter and 2 yrs ago decided I wanted atvs but can’t afford them without getting my hands dirty. $90 to get told my banshee jetted taught me a lesson, just figure it out. So I picked up 2 blasters $125. Rebuilt yellows engine. Blue had full tear down.

By Quadtriumph, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Outlander 450 4x4 seal blowing? This may help

Have you ever had your 4x4 seal literally pop out of the 4x4 housing on the Outlander 450?  You will want to try a simple fix to keep this from happening.  First, get the old seal out and clean the seal surface on the 4x4 unit with brake cleaner.  Take your new seal, and remove the spring.  Untwist it and clip off a half a centimeter or so of spring.  Don't clip off the wrong end!  I do this because these seals fail far too often and this seems to fix the issue.  Put it back together.  Tap seal into place.  This is where you get creative.  I was able to cut pieces of shelving metal that clamped against the 4x4 unit to prevent the seal from popping out and holding them in place with zip ties.  You can do whatever you think you can pull off with what you have on hand.  Just get something on the 4x4 that holds the seal in place on opposing ends.  Oh, and always replace the yoke o-ring.  Those never retain their shape and will cause leaks if you do not do so.  Inspect the wear ring on the yoke and replace if you can feel a fine groove where the seal rides.  Remember to use RED locktite on the yoke bolt and tighten that bolt tight as ****.  This is the one that always comes off during abusive riding. 

By Mike Lee, in Can-Am BRP ATV Forum

• 1 reply
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND
    • By johnwayne
      i have a 2000 suzuki king quad lt-f300f that i picked up as a project bike. it didnt run well when it was parked outside 5 years ago. it cranked after putting fresh gas - but would not run below half throttle, i took apart the carb, cleaned debris, and re-assembled. i suspect that the pilot needle is sheared off - it never protrudes into the throttle body through the pinhole. now to get the bike to ALMOST idle, the throttle idle adjustment knob is all the way up/in. the pilot needle is turned almost all the way in/up (if i understand correct, it should nominally be out 2 1/4 turns or so). and like i said, it will ALMOST idle. floods easily, rides rough.
      wanted to hear from those more experienced than me with suzukis - and im self-taught atv repair, so dont laugh too hard if my verbiage/part names is way off. 
      facing the driver's side of the bike [US] there are three hoses on this side of the carb. without a service manual or way of knowing what was messed up before i got it, i think i have them right: front hose as a vacuum to the petcock, middle hose as vacuum to the fuel pump, rear hose as fuel line from the fuel pump. running the bike in prime position results in flooding even while riding. with all hoses disconnected from the carb, fuel slowly drips from the vacuum line connected to the petcock.
      so just my speculation is that the diaphragm in the petcock is split, and the pilot needle is broke off - causing my inability to not quite idle and the rough ride. this suzuki is hoses and cables everywhere compared to the honda ranchers and yamaha warriors i am used to. I would like to have a plan rather than: replace everything at once.
      is my speculation on the right track, or could something else be at play? say, if the compression was non-existent, would that cause non-idling? i am all ears, look forward to the input.