Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bigredneck01

1998 Honda TRX 300 - Sunken Fourtrax

ok i got a honda foutrax trx 300 4x4 1998 for free the guy i got it from sunk it and it has ben setting up for a while what all do i need to do to get the motor to run i got spark and all electricall parts working and has compression but im not shure the exact amout of compression maybe valve adjustment??

change the oil, dump the gas, add new gas and go from there. you got spark, so what about fuel? spray some quick start in the carb to see if it bites. maybe have to do some carb work only ...

ok i will change the oil and the gas tank is all dryed up but for now i just have a go cart gas tank on it cause all i realy wanna know is how bad off the motor is and i did put some gas in the spark plug hole it hit one time but im thinking the carb is stoped up so it dosnt have enough fuel to go through i will look at that this weekend and see what happens thanks for the help

New engine and throttle bodies an clutch and tranny. Actually it would probably be better to just replace all the guts since you don't know exactly defective.

thanks for reply i realy am just seing what exactly i can do with this engine just to atleast get it crank one time i got it for free and realy dont want to spend the money to get a new engine but i am glad u did mention clutch and throttle body i havent even looked at that yet thanks for the help

Hopefully you wont need to change the guts, but you never know. I would try and change the oil and gas. I've sunk many atvs, but if they are not dried for a while, it could be an issue.

I've hydro-locked my pistons and had to remove the spark plugs then crank it to remove the water. But still good afterwards! :yes:

Well i did get the motor to crank for a minute but i just thru gas in the slark plug Hole i still need to clean the carb out real good and possibly order a rebuild kit for it but it will crank every now and then im guessing fuel issue but im not shure and motor looks good it didnt look bad at all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2014 honda foreman 500 runs rough

Hi guys new to the forum. I have a 2014 honda foreman 500. It started to lose power and misfire eventually stalls. It's hard to restart. When it does start it will stall when hitting the throttle. Smells like its getting fuel. I drained and put new fuel in tank but still same issue. I check for codes and have a code29 IAVC circuit. I'm pretty sure I set this code when I drained the tank. I disconnected it when I removed fuel line from injector. I used the fuel pump to drain the last couple ounces out of tank and also to check fuel volume. I did clear the code but have to ride it around property to see if it or any other code generates. I'm thinking an ignition issue. I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar problem with their foreman. I realize its hard to fix something without being in front of it but any advise would be appreciated. Thanks  

By DJAMES999, in Honda ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual

View File 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Honda ATV  

By oxidized_black, in Honda ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • tgb blade, 425cc no spark

Good afternoon, or morning. I have a three-year-old TGB blade 425Cc
      that appeared to just die. I have had ongoing problems with the battery going flat the past year, replacement battery seem to resolve it, then it started again. Therefore I've been using a much larger battery and jump leads. At the weekend whilst using it to tow a trailer (it works on a smallholding). It stalled and refused to start thereafter, checking all the fuses, including the sneaky one. They appear all to be fine. No breaks or burns, lights or work starter motor turns, information panel seems to light up and give me clear information regarding fuel and other things. Removal of spark plug highlights there was no spark, testing of spark plug highlights that spark plug works. I have looked for a manual as the general information given at the point of sale is woefully poor. I have looked online for guidance and have seen a variety of similar issues highlighting that a compilation of components need to be all replaced, whilst another person refutes this. I've checked fuel which it is three quarters full, no fuel leak or blockage appears to be in existence. Therefore with my basic knowledge, I have ground to a point where I don't know where to proceed. There does not appear to be a kill switch within the system, other than on the right hand brake lever, which needs to be engaged prior to pressing the ignition button. I am aware that the cable that is fitted into this section is adrift, and looking at it consists of two thin strips like a fork tongue, which can be inserted back into location. I am aware that this was damaged some months ago and has been adrift, so I am not sure if this is the causal factor, as it is unlikely, as until recently. Apart from jumpstarting, The wee Beastly thing was working. Does anybody have any insight. I have checked it for broken wires, damp, and living in North Devon, England. We are prone to mist, which in reality is low. Cloud as we are 750 feet above sea level. WD-40 is part of my took kit  in this location.

By graham.froom, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 2 replies
    • Best/ Cheapest site/ place to get parts

I live in north Phoenix, Arizona. I just recently got a 1987 moto 4, YFM350ERT. Where would be a cheap place or website to get parts? I know I will need a few things. I'm looking into finding a manual for it so I can get right stuff but that seems to be difficult. thanks

By William Waterworth, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 7 replies
    • 1985 honda fourtrax 250 shiftier sticks

i have a 1985 honda trx250 and i dont know what is wrong with it i think the centripetal clutch is'n engaging  

By Riley Haugen, in Honda ATV Forum

• 3 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content