Bigredneck01

1998 Honda TRX 300 - Sunken Fourtrax

ok i got a honda foutrax trx 300 4x4 1998 for free the guy i got it from sunk it and it has ben setting up for a while what all do i need to do to get the motor to run i got spark and all electricall parts working and has compression but im not shure the exact amout of compression maybe valve adjustment??

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

change the oil, dump the gas, add new gas and go from there. you got spark, so what about fuel? spray some quick start in the carb to see if it bites. maybe have to do some carb work only ...

ok i will change the oil and the gas tank is all dryed up but for now i just have a go cart gas tank on it cause all i realy wanna know is how bad off the motor is and i did put some gas in the spark plug hole it hit one time but im thinking the carb is stoped up so it dosnt have enough fuel to go through i will look at that this weekend and see what happens thanks for the help

New engine and throttle bodies an clutch and tranny. Actually it would probably be better to just replace all the guts since you don't know exactly defective.

thanks for reply i realy am just seing what exactly i can do with this engine just to atleast get it crank one time i got it for free and realy dont want to spend the money to get a new engine but i am glad u did mention clutch and throttle body i havent even looked at that yet thanks for the help

Hopefully you wont need to change the guts, but you never know. I would try and change the oil and gas. I've sunk many atvs, but if they are not dried for a while, it could be an issue.

I've hydro-locked my pistons and had to remove the spark plugs then crank it to remove the water. But still good afterwards! :yes:

Well i did get the motor to crank for a minute but i just thru gas in the slark plug Hole i still need to clean the carb out real good and possibly order a rebuild kit for it but it will crank every now and then im guessing fuel issue but im not shure and motor looks good it didnt look bad at all