Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

raybob

2000 Suzuki 550 Quadmaster - Carb Vacuum Lines

My question is on the carb on my 2000 quad master there is two vacuum lines.,, if I am stetting on 4 wheeler one is on the right it has vacuum I can put my finger over it i can feel vacuum ,,one is on the left of the carb is now hooked to the fuel cock valve. thanks Raybob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By h1000101b
      STREET LEGAL - ONE OF A KIND HARLEY DAVIDSON 4-WHEELER $9,500 OBO Sporster 883 bored to 1200cc built into a Street Legal Licensed and Insured 4-Wheeler. It has 400ex front end, 250r Rear end. All chromed out with new black gloss paint. I have a $500 Dakota Digital Speedometer to go with it (needs installed). I also have an extra rear gear and extra set of off-road mud tires and rims. Brakes need to be adjusted, and there's a few other touch ups that will place it into show quality. I haven't started it in a while. Ran Great last run. This bike has over $20k invested in work and time. It will go about 120 mph or more. With the other gear it will go about 60 mph. It rides great on and off road. It brings trophies and turns heads at shows. Shoot me a message or offer if interested. (May entertain trades). I will entertain any offers. This is your only chance to own a Street Legal 4 wheeler. Currently titles and registered in KY.

• By bodon
      Anyone know what the fuse terminal marked UNSWITCH  does  .  Even with the key off it is causing a drain on my battery and I'm trying to figure out  what that terminal goes to.  It's a 10 amp fuse. If I pull it the "short" goes away.  Thanks in advance.
    • By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By Josh Boyd
      I have replaced the cdi box,spark plug,coil and stator but still no spark.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By gordomanotas
      Hi everybody.
      I found a manual for the Grizzlies, which I do not see on the main thread of manuals by Oxidized Black

• By JPRICE1981
      help needed please my quad starts up great but back fire when i give it throttle ! It runs great for about 30 to 60 sec or until it starts to get warm . could i get a idea of what you guys think this quad has had me stumped for days i have changed the cdi, carb, plug and thought i had it licked until i put everything back together
    • By tonyells
      My Quadmaster runs great on level ground and downhill. The other day we were going up a slight upgrade and it backfired and lost power going uphill. My neighbor says it needs a new spark plug. thoughts? I bought a new spark plug, however, I cant find where the spark plug is. Obviously Im not a mechanic! I looked everywhere without taking parts off. Can someone please tell me where the spark plug is? Very much appreciated!
    • By ksinfield1
      Has anyone bypassed the rev limiter button on the 550 Grizzly. Since I have put tracks on the quad, I need to run it at higher rpms in 4X4 in the deep snow. Is there any downside to bypassing the switch or even installing a 2nd bypass toggle switch?
    • By rigman06
      I have a 01 quadmaster 500 that im having some issues with. It was running fine then all of a sudden when I went to give it gas it started stumbling. I called a dealer and was told by their service department that it probably need a carb rebuild.
      I soaked the carb overnight in carb cleaner and then rebuilt it the next day. the quad will start but it will only idle...when i give it gas it starts stumbling and backfires and wants to stall.
      if anyone has some insite on this issue let me know