Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

1993 Yamaha Kodiak - Won't Run After Carb Rebuild

mdickins

Dream Car Giveaway

probably still dirty. they are a PITA to clean and get it right. twist ties and an air compressor are the necessities along with the solvent ... is the float at the right spec? usually upside down and from the outer rim of the carb, where it meets the bowl, it is about 1/2", give or take an 8th to 16th, and the screw with the spring, about 2 1/2 turns out ...

Thanks guys. I used a rebuild kit. Have moved the spring screw from 1 turn to about 3 1/2 turns, and used the air compressor and small welding wire to insure everything was cleaned well. I guess I'll just have to pull it and go back over it to get her right. Thanks again for the feedback. :confused:

Not saying you are as green as I am on bikes...but the same issue happened to me when I put my carb back on. My problem had to do with my own stupidity...I was assuming gas was getting into the carb bowl. It was not.

I had petcock on, but level was low enough to require reserve setting....I'm new to "ON" vs "RES"!

Switched over to reserve and she fired right up. Boy did I feel silly.

Also +2 on the plug check. I was actually able to remove mine without a tool. It was just finger tight....but that is another story!