Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sidmabb

More agressive tire with out breaking the bank

I have a new Arctic cat 425i. The tires are pretty good but seem to have just enough traction to get you in really deep but not enough to get out.

The best looking Ive found are Interco Super Swampers at about $85 for the front and $120 for the rear if I go stock size. A little pricey for me but not completely out of the question

It has 25x10x12 rear and 25x8x12 front.

I thought about going to 26x12x12 year and 26x10x12 front. but do not want to change anything else like gearing, rims or clearance.

Any and all advice/suggestions will be appreciated.

Go with itp mudlites. I just put on a complete set on my grizzly 550. didn't break thee bank at all, 500$ done. and theyre 26x10x12

Go with itp mudlites. I just put on a complete set on my grizzly 550. didn't break thee bank at all, 500$ done. and theyre 26x10x12

just my suggestion,

i run tractor style tires on my Rail Buggy and dude they hook the fuck up!:yes:

I got ITP Mudlite XTR's @ I love em'......not the best on pavement but I've never gotten it stuck. They hook up great in the snow & even better in the mud. They might be a tad more expensive but well worth the investment, especially with the anti-puncture characteristics of the radial.

And I suggest to go with all same size all around, I have no clue why 4x4 quads come with different sized tires, I appreciate the thought of a "drag tire" approach, but what I think, that's a 2wd setup to me so I went with an inch in between the width of my f/back tires. Because real trail 4x4s, crawlers, and all that use the same size all around. I like more pattern, but not too wide so I can still cut through snow and mud, so on my grizz I went with 26x9x12 all around. My dads on a Rincon 650 and he got 25x10x12 and they were the same price, not too bad of a price for an amazing tire. Good luck out there.

Edited by iliketoROFL

The back tires are wider so they can grab the sides of the ruts/mud and not slip in the track cleared by the front tires. I however run the same tires back and front for the ATVS and they do fine. On the 500 I run 10s and on the 650 I run 12s (Don't try this at home).

And to get a good deal on tires you can always look used. I got all 4 tires with about 80% left for under $500.

i finally broke down and got new 31x15.5x15 tractor stye tires for the rear on my Rail $617 LATER LOL! I think ill stick with tractor style tread tires they might be rough as f**k on the road but they take me anywhere i want to go off road...