Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Beamer

1999 Suzuki King Quad - Wont Start

My King Quad was running fine and then decided it wouldnt crank again. I can spray fuel into the carb and it will crank and cut off. I removed the fuel line and could blow thru the line into the tank but couldnt pull any from the tank, also I removed the top of the carb and pulled what looks to be the diaphragm out and sprayed cleaner into the carb, placed it back and again it fired for a couple of seconds and cut off, it would only idle, couldnt throttle it none. everytime i messed with this it would idle for couple of seconds and shut off. other than that it will not crank at all.

Im guessing maybe the diaphragm or something but I dont know, any ideas??

thanks in advance

I might add that i disconnected the fuel line and turned it over and no fuel would spurt out

When U say it was runnin fine and then it wasn`t what was done to it?? Could it be electrical ?? As in Battery not holdin a charge ? starter not engaging ? Share more details !

Fuel does not come out at all of the fuel line, i can however blow thru the line. Nothing was done except changed the air filter. The engine turns over fine, nothing electrical seems wrong with it. Its like its not getting any fuel to crank or run unless you manually give it some!

the screen may be blocked in the petcock. you can remove the petcock to clean the screen but you should try and remove all the fuel first. if the screen is plugged i would flush the tank too.

Could be your fuel pump. It should pulse when you take it off and crank it. Check the vacuum hose to it for holes. Also check if there is fuel in that vacuum hose. If there is, your diaphragm in the pump is shot. Also be sure there is enough fuel in the tank to be above both inlet screens

You can check the fuel pump by disconnecting the fuel line at the carb and hitting the starter. Gas should squirt out of the line in small pulses. You can check the vacuum line at the front right side of the carb by removing it and looking to see if it is wet. Since it is a vacuum line it should be dry as a bone. Also look at both lines for cracks. If you have to replace the fuel pump, it is on the left side of the frame below the handlebars. You will have to remove the front rack and fenders to get at it. You might also want to ask oxidized_black for a service manual download. It has a couple pictures of the fuel pump. They aren't real good as far as showing the location, though.

And as oxy says check the petcock. If you pull the line off at the petcock, gas should run out of the petcock when you turn it to on or res. The gas then goes forward to the fuel pump. then down to the carb.

Edited by catcandu
spelling