Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dolphins13

2004 Arctic Cat 400 - Clutch Problem

i have a 2004 arctic cat 400 4x4 manual with 28 mudlight tires and the clutch is slipping. so i am going to replace the clutch but i dont know which one to buy. is there one that is better than stock for these bigger tires and if so which do you guys prefer. thanks

PM returned, I pasted here for anyone else who is curious:

I don't have too much experience with manuals but I would see if highlifter or someone else makes better plates. Also I know with the wet clutch in the newer models, the type of oil you run makes a huge diffrence. It does have to be wet clutch safe. I a not sure about your setup or if it is even a wet clutch.

On those Suzuki engines many times a simple clutch adjustment will clear up the problem. See attached page from AC service manual.

You will definately need a better clutch running 28" tires on a 400 manual.

400 manual clutch.jpg

57d77345733c2_400manualclutch.jpg.24e4162b91ab06bd467d7e7855070581.jpg

Read a forum thread on arctichat.com from a guy running 29.5" tires on a 400 and he liked this clutch kit.

EBC Brakes - Clutch kits

DRC120

DESCRIPTION: Complete DRC Series

FITMENT:

•Arctic Cat

◦400, 2003-2004 - 2x4

◦400, 2003-2008 - 4x4

EBC Brakes EBC COMPLETE CLUTCH KITS from ATVUnlimited Brakes Atv&pos=3

EBC DRC Series Complete Clutch Kit - BikeBandit.com

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/EBC-DRC-Series-Clutch-DRC120/dp/B000GVA5WQ]Amazon.com: EBC DRC Series Clutch Kit DRC120: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@518QMEZzSkL[/ame]

EBC DRC Series Clutch Kit DRC120 Suzuki | eBay

Almost forgot, you'll need the CT 006 tool or an equivalent.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041CDTXI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00A43TO5K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13F78Q625XPR8W1K0E37]Amazon.com: EBC Clutch Removal Tool CT006: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@31egsPa-2-L[/ame]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-CT-Clutch-Tool-Arctic-Cat-400-2x4-4x4-2003-2004-/390527912457?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5aed470a09

Edited by catcandu
added tool link

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content