Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Billboy

2007 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 - Dash Flashes

I have a 07 artic cat 500 4x4,

The dash started flashing " VOLT" and after a few minutes the entire dash goes blank.

Any suggestion what it might be?

Thz in advance

Would start by checking ALL electrical connections and water proofing them. Also maybe your gauge cluster got a little water in it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I have to same problem with my 2007 Artic Cat. Except mine the screen goes blank and EFI starts flashing and won't start back for about 5-10 minutes. Any advice please. Replaced battery 3 times this year already

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By mikeexplorer
      Wiring diagram for 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink:
  • Similar Topics

• By Susan Makowski-DeGraw
      My quad runs,  it starts up runs for about 10 minutes and then it dies if you let it sit for 10 minutes it’ll start back up ride for another 10 minutes and then die again, trying to figure out why it keeps stalling

• By Budman
      After purchasing a lightly used 2018 570SP (300 miles on it) I noticed that the display was flashing on and off. I remember reading awhile back that this was a common problem on the 18 model. I can't remember what the fix is. It also turns over slow even though the battery is charged. Anybody know what the fix is on this issue?
      Thanks
      Budman
    • By yugnats
      Hi all, I was gifted this Bayou but she's been sitting quite some time. It won't crank using the factory start button but when I jumper the starter solenoid it cranks but there is no spark. The key has power coming in on the white wire and when turned on supplies power to the brown wire coming out.

I guess I should start with testing the pickup? I heard I may be able to jumper the wires coming from the pickup with an LED bulb and it will flash? I noticed in the manual that it should have around 110 ohms resistance so I'll check that as well. One thing I noticed was that the starter circuit relay has power on one of the black wires with the key on- this doesn't seem normal as I'm assuming the black wires are grounds? I think one of them comes from the start switch, travels through the starter circuit relay and then grounds the starter relay?
      Mine is a 1991 so it has the 7 wire CDI (ignitor) and a 2 yellow wire alternator ( as opposed to the later 3 wire type ) with another 2 wires for the source coils (black & red wires ). The pickup wires are blue and black I do believe. Any help appreciated and yes I will test the pickup ASAP.

I'm trying to understand how the system works and I don't understand what the yellow / red wire from the kill switch does- I assume it gets grounded when the kill switch is "on" and therefore grounds the CDI so it can't activate the ignition coil? I noticed in the diagram that that yellow / red wire looks like it may be grounded by the ignition key switch when in the "off" position?
      I also don't have 12v power at any of the wires going into the CDI- doesn't the CDI need to be powered? I also read on this forum that someone used a GM HEI module in place of the factory CDI just to test it for spark- does anyone have any info on that?

I hope I'm not missing something simple!
      Here is a link to the diagram for my bike (which was posted by another user): https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/13742-1988-bayou-220-lost-spark/?tab=comments#comment-101193

Any help appreciated!

• By Rooftop777
      Can't figure out whats wrong, battery good, charging fine but speedometer needle flashing. I know my fuel sending unit is not working but atv was working well last year. Now it was blowing fuses. I did engine code check but none there. Gas gauge flashes and shows FUEL in capital letters. Need help as just cannot figure this out,
      I might pull the fuel pump out and put new float as likely saturated. Don't know if that would give me all these problems ??
      thanks
    • By schwartz10
      2011 Brute Force 750 I. Having an overheating issue. When fan sensor is unplugged by thermostat fan will run and cycle. When its unplugged it will not run and cycle. Need help. Really dont want to take to dealership.