Quantcast

2007 sportsman 800 efi 4x4 question

About 3 weeks ago I traded a mc for a 2007 polaris sportsman 800 efi 4x4.

When I test drove it all worked well.

we went to some trails and my son got stuck in some mud and when I pulled him out the 4wd worked great

So a friend of mine wanted me to bring it over to see if it would pull a grader blade he had made.

we were pulling it great till it hit some real loose gravel once he started to spin I told him to engage 4wd.

he engaged it and nothing from the front wheels just rear wheels spinning.

Here is my confusions

I hear JD parts will fit some polaris 4 wheelers cant confirm for the 07

I changed the oil in front differential and flushed out and filled again still nothing

the front drive shaft is turning but front wheels arent (all 4 wheels jacked up)

Checked plugin going to front differential it has voltage.

no noise or anything when in 4wd last but could the cage be bad seems like a popular breaking point

is there other yrs that innerchange with the 07 as far as differential parts

did they upgrade this in the 07

the dealer told be there was 4 different differentials in 07 pending on what month it was built

he also told me it should hole 10oz of fluid but it dont.

I have download the service manual and will print it today but any advice suggestions would be great

thanks Mike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By Sofaspud
      My 2008 can-am Outlander 800r is having hard shifting issues. Does anyone have a fix for this ?
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4