AC400TX

A Few Exhaust Questions

41 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about a new muffler for my AC 400, but I have a few questions...

1. Will it void my warranty?

2. Will I get a noticeable gain (torque, speed, etc)?

3. Will the pipe require me to re-jet or do anything else?

My choices are:

Muzzys

Super Trapp Mudslinger

Super Trapp IDSX

i dont have a pipe for my quad but yea it will void ur warranty... idk if it will give u torque but i do know it will give u hp... ive never heard about rejetting ur quad,, but i dont think u have to anything else to ur quad

You DO NOT have to rejet in every situation. I put an after-market pipe on my quad and did not change my jets. It runs fine. Only difference other than the performance gains was every now and then I get a little back fire. Like once a ride. If you put a pipe on and it is popping like crazy change it. You will know right away if you need to.

You DO NOT have to rejet in every situation. I put an after-market pipe on my quad and did not change my jets. It runs fine. Only difference other than the performance gains was every now and then I get a little back fire. Like once a ride. If you put a pipe on and it is popping like crazy change it. You will know right away if you need to.

i would rejet anyway so u get a little more power from your wheeler

u could rejet but u have to know wat u r doing... i agree with bot i dont see the need to rejet it really doesnt give u that much of a power boost..

u could rejet but u have to know wat u r doing... i agree with bot i dont see the need to rejet it really doesnt give u that much of a power boost..

well im one that (LOVES) the power and speed so, i would rejet if needed to even if it's just a small power gain it ALL adds up.

yea ur right it does add up,,, but he doesnt need it to put on an exhaust

well lets hope he likes his new pipe:yes:

so r u going to get a pipe or r u going to wait for the warranty to be over?

rejetting is wen u take the jet that is inside ur carb and change it to a smaller jet stream or a bigger one.... now u do get better mpg and more hp..... but a problem with rejetting is that if u live in a region with different climates you have to change the jet for warm weather and cold weather.... it is a lot cheaper then the other kinda of mods out there but u also need to know wat ur getting urself into before u tear ur carb apart...

so r u going to get a pipe or r u going to wait for the warranty to be over?

I haven't decided yet. I just bought a winch and a wheel and tire kit, so it'll probably be a little while before I get anything else.

I'm trying to pace myself. :wink:

You cannot REJET a Carb on the internet.....:laugh:

But....For any of you that have Questions......I found this for you.....Very Good Read

carb tuning

Personally,,,,,,When I change a Pipe.....From Stock to Aftermarket,,,OR,,,,Aftermarket to Aftermarket.....I do a Plug Chop to see where Im at....I let the Plug do all the talkin:wink:

rejetting is wen u take the jet that is inside ur carb and change it to a smaller jet stream or a bigger one.... now u do get better mpg and more hp..... but a problem with rejetting is that if u live in a region with different climates you have to change the jet for warm weather and cold weather.... it is a lot cheaper then the other kinda of mods out there but u also need to know wat ur getting urself into before u tear ur carb apart...

i dont even like to touch my carb

..... but a problem with rejetting is that if u live in a region with different climates you have to change the jet for warm weather and cold weather....

I thought rejetting was dictated by alititude and not climate?

Basing it on seasonal changes would be a major design flaw....IMNSHO......

-TD

I thought rejetting was dictated by alititude and not climate?

Basing it on seasonal changes would be a major design flaw....IMNSHO......

-TD

makes sense

Rejetting is necessary when there is a change in the air to fuel mixture. It can be with altitude or it can be with changing parts like intake and exhaust components. Now that I have this written I think that txduggan was being a smart ass and this makes me look like a dumbass but I gonna leave it anyway. :dammit:

ive always wanted to put a banshee carb on my sunl just to see what would happen:wink:

i know that it is about altitude,,,,, but wen i called my dealer after installing the kit he said u have to change it to the different climates.... sounded a little odd but i have no idea if he is right or not...

i know that it is about altitude,,,,, but wen i called my dealer after installing the kit he said u have to change it to the different climates.... sounded a little odd but i have no idea if he is right or not...

it depends on how thick the air is, like in the winter u drop a size becuase of the air in winter is thiner.