jtspapa

2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 Ripped CV Boot

6 posts in this topic

I have a ripped cv boot on the rear of my wheeler is it pretty easy to put a new 1 on myself or should I leave it up to a shop to do? I can get the kit for under 20 bucks but the shop I use for major stuff says it would be around 50 to 60 to fix it. They have a tool that stretches the boot over the shaft I guess sure wish I could find 1 would save me in the long run

If you have never done it before, it can be a task. For $50-$60, I might have the shop do it. Do you have a link to the kit for $20? Is that with a stretchable cv boot?

* Added manufacturer and issue into your thread title.

The shop price sounds good I would go that way. Sometimes the CV boots can be a BIT**

The cost of 1 hour of labor plus parts and the peace in knowing that it was done correctly out weighs the money you save in doing it yourself, causing headache and hoping you did it correctly.

WoW Where is everyones sense of adventure? (lol) I bought the boot watched youtube video on how to do it and GOT ER DONE lol but really it wasnt that hard and back up and riding thanks all

For what it's worth, I would have told you save your $50 and use it to buy a repair manual and do the job yourself. Mainly because I can't stand paying someone to do something I know I can do myself. Besides, that $50-60 quote probably would have turned into $80-90+ real quick. So I say good kudos to you for doing the right thing and keeping your money.

Edited by DirtDemon