2007 Ranger XP Engine Mount Recall

3 posts in this topic

I received a recall back in late 2007 (service bulletin R-07-07) regarding an engine mount failure that causes the engine and transmission to become misaligned and cause the drive belt to wear abnormally. Well, being the procrastinator that I am, I missed the warranty period. When the first belt went out i requested the dealer to install the recall but they failed to find it and I did not have my paperwork (recall) with me. My drive belt failed again this weekend 2 years to the day from the previous one and other friends Rangers appear to get much more time/mileage out of their belts. Questions: is there an easy way to check to see if the mount is broken and is the frequency of replacing a belt every 2 years (no hard use of the ranger, pretty much a family truckster)? Thanks!

It may be hard to tell if the mount is broken or out of alignment.

Polaris has issued a new engine mount (pn:3022071)to supersede the original engine mount. When picking up a new belt I would try and order the new mount. I also would tell the dealer why you are ordering it looks like the warranty period expired in 2008.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bwdeaton
      I recently picked up a king quad 700 that doesn't run in the hopes of getting it running by spring. It had been previously taken apart some and a few pieces are missing in the engine, but the frame is complete and in good condition. The motor will need a piston, rings, cylinder, cams, and a few misc parts that are missing. Also the cases will need to be split to remove the pieces of piston that are in the crankcase. The piston blew up at high rpm and did a number on the cylinder so I'm trying to find out if it would be worth rebuilding this motor it buying another engine to swap in. There may be more damage to this engine that I can see so I was wondering how bad the insides of it could be considering it destroyed the piston. I have found a motor for 1200 plus 200 shipping, the only problem is I don't have that much now and I would have to save up a while before being able to afford it. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By thesandmanisme
      The engine has this stamp, J416-114443. Does anyone know what they mean?
    • By Mikes700efi
      Can someone tell me how to remove the rear sifferential. I've got the cv axels out. Do I remove the rear shaft. Or do I pull differential off shaft. Noticed the axel shaft leaking where it go's in the engine. .
    • By Mikes700efi
      I just bought my first arctic cat. I changed the oil and filter. Now my atv smokes only when u rev the engine. Smoke looks white grey.. slight light blue tint.. when it. Idles it doesn't smoke.. Any body have a clue what is going on. The dealer said it's not the rings.. it has the 700cc suzuki engine..
    • By surbike11
      Here is the story. I bought the atv used it one week at the hunting camp no issues. I go back the next week and its working great, I cut it off for a break and go to crank it and it has no spark. I tore the bike completely down(all plastics off). All wiring looked good. I started cheap new plug coil. still no spark. Oh by the way no codes came up either. Next was a ecm because everything was testing out good (stator etc). I put the ecm on and boom it busted right off and was running great. New issue I noticed the wires from the stator going to the rectifier were scorching hot I mean burn you hot. I shut it down and started to research. I checked all grounds again. All grounds were good so I ordered a rectifier. Put the new rectifier on and same thing super hot. So I ordered a new stator and pulsar. Keep in mind the scooter was running great just wires getting to hot. The stator according to all the specs tested out good but I couldn't figure what else to do. So I put the new stator on today and I am back to NO spark. Someone please help I am loosing my mind. Thanks