Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

davidwestfall

Die hard yamaha warrior 350 fan. i'm new. i'm from parkersburg westvirginia

hey I'm dave westfall I'm new I just became an official member of this site a few minutes ago. Ive been crazy about quads and bikes since I was about 3 and ive always done my home work on them figuratively speaking. I would say for comparison to the common man that I am pretty knowledgeable about them. its been my passion about most of my life. I love talking about quads and bikes so if anyone out there would like to talk with me about mechanical subjects or about person experiences while riding or just shoot the breeze please feel free to chat with me. I'm looking forward to it.

Dave, being you live in Parkersburg, you should come down and check the trails out in the southern part of the state. We down in Bluefield would love to have you down. 

Hello David im a fan of the Yamaha warrior also. Never owned one but there's a lot of them out there so they have to be tried and true. It's the perfect quad for any kind of riding and easy to work on. i fix motorcycles & quads in my spare time been working on small engines since 89. I would love too ride in W. Virginia must be great. Can you tell me what to look for if i buy a used Warrior?  Thanks Sparkplug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By Frank Angerano
      So with this mess going on outside and the stay at home thing happening i wanted to ask who's getting what done around there house, apartment and property or toys? 
        I honestly cannot believe what my wife and i have accomplished over the last few weeks.   Unfortunately we have worked ourselves out of work!!!    I have to give all the credit to my daughter for the below listed work. She came to me a few weeks back and said daddy since we are stuck in the house can we do my room over.    I was in a keep away from everyone hunker down and lets just get through this Coronavirus mess.  She changed the entire direction of our mood and how we would push through this.    I have painted all the kids rooms and did a make over per say for each of there rooms. While the painting shit was out i decided to continue and paint the moldings over with one coat of semi gloss in the entire house.    After that we decided to tear the closets and drawers apart and sort out all clothing, donate what we are not keeping etc.  I picked up a couple of shoe racks to organize my sneaker collection from BJ's $20 bucks for a 3 tier rack.    Cleaned every nook and cranny of the house, windows, walls, radiators, ceiling fans you name it including pulling the furniture out and getting behind everything! (Scary back there) lol.   Shit we even did the inside of the oven with easy off!  That stuff is no joke btw..... I assure you we are clean people but after pulling the furniture out and the oven and refrigerator i have to say we need to do better with that shit.     We decided to go  to the back yard and see what we could do. I went ahead and painted the foundation walls, added mulch and set the furniture up, bbq included.  I added some cool light stringers across the yard as well from Amazon.      We are looking at what to do in the front of the house next.     We made a list and tackle a little each day, Saturday and Sunday are big task days. Im still working so afternoon tasks are maybe an hour or two each day.   We have been very productive to say the least.  I feel like this is the perfect time to make the best of a bad situation and it keeps our mind off of the shit going on in the world while we work.     This may sound like a lot but making a list and tackling realistic goals at the end of each day works well. Plus a lot of 🍺  and 🍷!!!!! The kids have been helping out big time and we try to keep it fun.    We hopefully will never have the chance to do this again but i was wondering who's doing what if anything at all.  Our regards go out to anyone that have been affected by this virus weather it be family or friends.    I recommend making early trips to Home Depot and BJ's and the grocery stores to stay away from crowds and lines, its a ghost town early in the morning.      Believe  it or not that Suzuki Eiger is fixed but still needs to be put back together and here i am on Quadcrazy asking who's doing what around the house but the Suzuki can wait for a little while. 
        Keep ya head up and stay motivated!!!!      
    • By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By Rich1028
      We picked up two more quads

We Just Picked up two Quads Friday,and we took them out riding,great machines!
      2008 Honda 400 Ex and a 2014 Honda 400 X 

• By Steve Bethany Poston
      New member here, working on a newly acquired moto 4 YFM200DX. My son and I are working on it together. I have several ? And working on my 10 posts for a download on a service manual. Thanks and seems like a great forum 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Nate Hanson
      I am a new atv owner...I bought a used atv this summer (pretty sure it is a wolverine but reg card from last owner didnt actually say that so idk for sure). It ran great for most the summer and early fall but one day I tried starting it and it turned over a while without starting and then suddenly it quit turning over at all. No click or anything.
      I charged battery and light turns on showing neutral and heatlight can go on.
      A few other things that may be pertinent: The pull start is missing, I have a fluke multimeter but not many other advanced tools (or relevant experience), there is an extra aftermarket led light attached to front but it doesnt work either... never looked into why since I didnt need it. 
      I looked for a fuse box and didnt find one.
      Please recommend some easier things to try first as I really want to avoid taking it in if I can (having one income and 4 kids can keep out extra cash, plus I want to learn). Pictures would be awesome if possible. Thanks! 
    • By Kanyon Pershing
      I have recently rebuilt my Yamaha warrior 350 engine and when I got it all back together with no “spare parts” i went to start it and realized it’s in reverse. I went to put it in drive and the shifter won’t budge, I took the linkage off and tried to use vise grips but it won’t budge at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping it’s not something internal! 
    • By YamahaBB350
      I have a Yamaha Big Bear 350 and the reverse doesn’t work, it shifts from low to high easily but it won’t go back to reverse. I’m new to this stuff, so I’ll take any help. Any ideas? 
    • By Colin James Krepela
      So here's the deal people, I have an old Avenger 350 4X4 Shaft Driven ATV. They only made them in the early 80's their thought of as the first four wheelers from around back when Suzuki made one in 1982. I believe the engine on it is a Kohler as I watched this video https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=avenger+400+atv&view=detail&mid=1E10E939019CA07770031E10E939019CA0777003&FORM=VIRE but mine is a 350. That's if its original, and it all looks original. I am wondering where I can get parts for this engine, or really what engine is it. I have no way to find the year, unless you guys know where a serial number might be. Every sticker is worn off. IF anyone has any information at all on these old wheelers it would be greatly appreciated. I specifically need the gaskets for the carb, and don't tell me I could build them please I want to restore it as perfectly as I can. I can take pictures of the wheeler/carb if it'll help. Let me know.
    • By oleskool
      Has new top end, piston, rings, valves, etc. great compression, good spark, plenty of fuel. Valves have been set. timing has been tripled checked. Can not get it to start. any ideas suggestions on anything I am missing. Also if anyone has the service manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks