Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

QuadBoss Swivel ATV Dump Cart Review

When comparing dump carts for ATVs, you mostly find steel carts out there from various online retailers and places like Sears and Home Depot. My first choice a few months back was going to be to pick up one of those steel carts for my ATV, but then I was able to get my hands on Quadboss's Swivel Dump Cart that has this hardened "Structual Foam" body that is rust proof. This dump cart came in a large box which I snapped a picture of below. The contents of the box were the dump body, 2 wheels, frame, trailing arm, and hardware & pins. I spread the items out and followed the easy to read instructions. They illustrated every pin, nut, and bolt size, so that you know exactly where they are supposed to go. The steel frame parts of this cart are heavy duty 11 gauge steel, and along with the 1 inch axle, the load capacity is able to be set at 1,250 lbs. Assembly was pretty simple and tookCIMG0145-300x224.jpg about an hour all together.

The longest part of the install was attaching the dump body to the frame with 10 bolts. It would probably go quicker with 2 people, one holding the dump body and feeding the bolts, and the other holding the frame, and screwing on the nuts on. Once that part was done, the rest was pretty easy. I was impressed with the fact that the wheels had grease fittings for the wheel bearings. Once it was all put together, attachment was easy to my ATV hitch receiver hole with a supplied pin. You can use a hitch ball, but it's not necessary.P1010137-300x225.jpg

Now it was time to test this thing. I took it out of the garage and around the property, over some bumps and a hill or two. It was very stable empty, so then I decided to do some work to fill her up. It was a nice day finally, most all of the snow had melted, and it was time to lay into some yard work. I had planned to dig out some dirt from one area and transport it to an area where I needed some more soil. I pulled up next to my mound of dirt and started digging. I filled the cart up with two loads and dumped them both in the area that needed the dirt. Dumping it requires you to step on the release mechanism pedal that has anti-slip spikes, and lift up the cart. I suppose if you fill it up with overweight stuff, it's going to be a pain to lift it on your own. The dirt all came out except for the last 10% that IP1010138-300x225.jpg used my shovel to get out. The sloped rear on the dump is nice. Another nice feature is the swivel, which allows you to turn the dump up to 100 degrees before dumping. So that was pretty easy, so I decided to load some other things around the property, like rocks, brush, twigs, and branches. This is where the optional fence attachment would have come in handy. I may need to get that next. I'm still waiting to take it up on the trails. I highly suggest this dump for anyone looking for a high quality work horse of a dump, as an alternative to the traditional steel carts.

QuadBoss Website Quadboss_logo_100_.jpgQuadBoss ATV Trailer Product Video

Find ATV Dump Carts on Amazon

View full post

7 years later and I'm still using this same dump cart. It's done various jobs for me every year and hauls a good amount of weight. Just posted the pic below in the gallery. Last weekend I took apart some old wet outdoor steps that were very heavy. I was throwing them into the cart, the plastic held up and continues to hold up without issue. Never had to do anything to this thing. I would buy another one in a heart beat!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By StolenATV
      Blue and White Raptor 90
      White, Black and Yellow Raptor 90
      Blue and White WR450F Motorcycle
      VIN’s for ATVs
      RF3AB11Y2HT006593
      RF3AB11Y5HT006815
      Stolen from the yard at my home at night on 10/26/19.
      $2,000 reward for information leading to their return.
      The post Two (2) Stolen Yamaha Raptor 90 ATVs and a Yamaha WR450F Motorcycle appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By ATVNetwork
      Feds to open Utah’s national parks to ATVs; advocates fear damage, noise they may bring
      The roar of ATVs could be coming to a Utah national park backcountry road near you under a major policy shift initiated by the National Park Service without public input.
      Across the country, off-road vehicles like ATVs and UTVs are generally barred from national parks. For Utah’s famed parks, however, that all changes starting Nov. 1, when these vehicles may be allowed on both main access roads and back roads like Canyonlands National Park’s White Rim and Arches’ entry points from Salt Valley and Willow Springs.
      The move was ordered Tuesday by the the National Park Service’s acting regional director, Palmer “Chip” Jenkins, who directed a memo to Utah park superintendents instructing them to align their regulations with Utah law, which allows off-road vehicles to travel state and county roads as long as they are equipped with standard safety equipment and are registered and insured.
      “This alignment with state law isn’t carte blanche to take their ATVs off road,” said agency spokeswoman Vanessa Lacayo. “If people [drive] off road, they will be cited. Protection of these resources is paramount.”
      Under the rule change, off-highway vehicles could roam Canyonlands’ Maze District and Arches’ Klondike Buffs — as long as they remain on designated routes. In general, ATVs would be allowed to travel roads that are open to trucks and cars.
      The directive, which applies only to Utah parks, triggered an immediate backlash from conservation groups, which predicted the move will result in a “management nightmare” for parks already struggling with traffic jams and parking clutter.
      Now the park service is inviting a whole new category of vehicle onto park roads, establishing new uses that will disrupt wildlife and other visitors’ enjoyment, warned Kristen Brengel, the National Parks Conservation Association’s vice president of government affairs.
      “These are national parks that have incredible resources, cultural resources, natural resources, and so by allowing these vehicles that are tailored to go anywhere, you’re potentially putting these resources at risk,” Brengel said. “The park service should be going through a public process, doing an analysis and making sure they can adequately protect the park and its resources and visitors. They haven’t done that.”
      Brengel said her group is conferring with its attorneys to consider its options to block the rule change.

Setting the stage for this change in policy was SB181 enacted by Utah lawmakers in 2008, authorizing any “street-legal” vehicle on all state and county roads. For the past 11 years, the National Park Service has pushed back, closing park roads to these recreational vehicles under the rationale that it is too easy to drive them illegally off the roads.
      “The addition of off-road vehicle traffic on park roads will inevitably result in injury and damage to park resources. These specialized vehicles are designed, produced and marketed for the purpose of off-road travel, and they are uniquely capable of easily leaving the road and traveling cross country,” states a 2008 park service memo explaining why Arches and Canyonlands should remain off-limits to ATVs. “No reasonable level of law enforcement presence would be sufficient to prevent ATV and OHV use off roads. Park rangers will have no ability to pursue and apprehend vehicle users off road without adding to the damage they cause to park resources.”
      When Utah enacted SB181, all-terrain vehicles, which ride like a four-wheeled motorcycle, were the most used off-road vehicle. UTVs, or so-called utility terrain vehicles, equipped with side-by-side bucket seats, steering wheels, robust suspension and roll cages, have since eclipsed ATVs in popularity, as well as their ability to create impacts. They can be operated at higher speeds and can be so loud that occupants wear ear protection.
      Jenkins, who served most recently as the superintendent of Mount Rainier National Park, issued the directive after off-highway groups and Utah lawmakers led by Rep. Phil Lyman, R-Blanding, pressured the Interior Department to lift the prohibition.
      In a Sept. 2 letter to Interior Secretary David Bernhardt, Lyman wrote that he is "offended" that the park service discriminates against off-highway vehicle owners, noting than nearly all of Utah's national parks are accessed from state and county roads.
      “The owners of street-legal OHVs comply with numerous laws and regulations to be given the privilege to drive on a wide range of state and county roads,” he wrote in the letter, signed by 13 other Utah lawmakers. “They also contribute to the maintenance of the state highway system through gasoline taxes and registration fees.”
      Lyman is the former San Juan County commissioner who became a political celebrity after organizing an off-road vehicle protest ride though Recapture Canyon, which resulted in misdemeanor convictions, 10 days in jail and a reputation as a public lands warrior.
      Adding pressure were UTV Utah and Utah OHV Advocates. According to the groups, Utah is home to 202,000 registered OHVs, or off-highway vehicles, the broad category that includes UTVs and ATVs.
      “Despite being one of the largest groups of public land users, and even though the economic benefit of our community dwarfs most other recreational users combined, we often find ourselves discriminated against by decision-makers that head public land agencies,” the groups’ presidents, Bud Bruening and Brett Stewart, wrote in a joint July 29 letter to Bernhardt. “In Utah, this discrimination is particularly acute when it comes to the National Park Service.”
      Many southern Utah county commissioners had lobbied for this change in the hopes of widening riders’ options for roaming Utah’s public lands. Counties maintain many of these back roads, according to Newell Harward, a Wayne County commissioner who welcomed the rule change.
      “We are happy with it,” said Harward, whose county includes Capitol Reef National Park and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. “It will increase some tourism issues with folks who want to use some of these roads with street-legal UTVs. I don’t know the difference between those and small Jeeps [which had always been allowed]. I’m hoping people will pay attention to the laws and stay on roads. If they don’t, then this is going to get backed up.”
      Glen Canyon had already loosed its rules a few years ago, when it developed a new travel plan allowing ATVs on roads around Circle Cliffs. But that was only after a public process, an environmental review and a final decision that has yet to be formally implemented, according to Neal Clark, staff attorney with the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance.
      “UTVs are built for one reason, which is off-road use. That is the purpose for the existence of these machines,” Clark said. “They’re loud and obnoxious and because of that they’re completely contrary to the reasons that people travel from across the globe and across the country to visit national parks.”
      Article Source: https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2019/09/28/feds-open-utahs-national/

View full post
    • By mrfartsalot
      I have a 2001 suzuki quadmaster 500 4x4 automatic and i was wondering witch atvs it shares parts with i know it shares some with artic cat. Any info would be helpful.

• By ATVNetwork
      Introducing the 2020 Yamaha XT-R editions of ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles featuring exclusive XT-R features like a factory-installed Warn Winch, advanced suspension, special-edition paint and color-matched wheels with extreme terrain tires, all Assembled in the USA for unmatched Proven Off-Road capability, comfort, and confidence. 
      YXZ1000R SS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yYXZXTR 
      Wolverine X2 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX2RSXTR
      Wolverine X4 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX4XTR
      Grizzly EPS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yGrizXTR

View full post
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      This is a review of the QuadBoss 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer. This sprayer comes in handy for spraying liquid fertilizer or even just watering around your property, which is what I used this sprayer for. I planted 15 evergreens on the other side of my property, too far to get a garden hose to...  
      The sprayer came in the box essentially as one piece, everything like the motor and hoses, already assembled. You can mount this unit on your ATV front or rear rack. I opted for mounting on the rear rack this time, and secured it with a tie down. All I had to do was wire it to a power source. I went to the auto parts store and got myself a 12v automotive quick disconnect and some wire. Wired to my auxiliary power under the seat of my Yamaha Grizzly.
      Plugged it in and filled her up with water to test out. The pump primed up and sprayed very nicely. The pump goes on as soon as you start to spray to maintain pressure. The pump also has an on/off rocker switch I forgot to mention. This sprayer comes with a 10 ft hose and adjustable plastic nozzle. I took a ride to the far end of my property and watered all my newly planted evergreens. Came in real handy, was able to get off my ATV and hit a 25 foot circumference or so, as needed. If you are looking for a way to get some water or chemical out to far areas with ease, this unit makes farming and gardeing a breeze.    
      View full post

• By Ajmboy
      This is a review of the QuadBoss 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer. This sprayer comes in handy for spraying liquid fertilizer or even just watering around your property, which is what I used this sprayer for. I planted 15 evergreens on the other side of my property, too far to get a garden hose to...  
      The sprayer came in the box essentially as one piece, everything like the motor and hoses, already assembled. You can mount this unit on your ATV front or rear rack. I opted for mounting on the rear rack this time, and secured it with a tie down. All I had to do was wire it to a power source. I went to the auto parts store and got myself a 12v automotive quick disconnect and some wire. Wired to my auxiliary power under the seat of my Yamaha Grizzly.
      Plugged it in and filled her up with water to test out. The pump primed up and sprayed very nicely. The pump goes on as soon as you start to spray to maintain pressure. The pump also has an on/off rocker switch I forgot to mention. This sprayer comes with a 10 ft hose and adjustable plastic nozzle. I took a ride to the far end of my property and watered all my newly planted evergreens. Came in real handy, was able to get off my ATV and hit a 25 foot circumference or so, as needed. If you are looking for a way to get some water or chemical out to far areas with ease, this unit makes farming and gardeing a breeze.    
      Official Specs:  
      •15 gallon poly tank with integrated drain 
      •10 foot hose with spray wand and adjustable tip 
      •1 gallon per minute SHURflo pump operates at 40 psi, manual switch integrated into pump 
      •Wand clips included 
      •Universal tiedown mounting (available separately) or may use integrated brass inserts for permanent mounting  

Available at Amazon
      Visit www.quadboss.com for more info.    
    • By Ajmboy
      Just doing some yard work with my Yamaha Grizzly and Quadboss dump cart.