Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Scoopeddad

1994 honda trx300

My 1004 honda trx300 starts up and sometimes idles good, sometimes not so good. If bike is running and I grab the bike and shake it the bike will stall or try to stall. What should I be looking at to fix issue?

I'd check the  float level  in the  carb  for a  start .. I'm  not sure  how  that  carb is jetted,  but  there  is also  a possibility  there  is  a  little  water  in the  float bowl....just enough that  when  you  agitate it  it gets  a sip  of  it  and stumbles..  Beyond those guesses I would  say   it   will  be  a search...loose  wire somewhere in the  ignition circuit?

On 2/20/2017 at 9:36 PM, Scoopeddad said:

My 1004 honda trx300 starts up and sometimes idles good, sometimes not so good. If bike is running and I grab the bike and shake it the bike will stall or try to stall. What should I be looking at to fix issue?

Has it been sitting for long periods of time ?? Possible gummed up carb ? 

No. The bike is used a bit. Belongs to sister and her 18 yr old beats the crap out of it. Have ordered a carb rebuild kit so will pull it apart and soak in varesol tank before rebuild. Thanks for all the info everyone. Great site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1986 or 87 Honda 250sx ATC keep or sell

Long story short, I purchased an 86 or 87  ( the last year made) 250sx aTC about 5 years ago.  It was in pretty good original condition.  A friend helped me clean the tank, carb etc and it started right up.  I drove it around a few times and that was about that.  It is located in Northern California at a friend’s place and I reside in southern Ca about 500 miles away.  I’m debating going up and retrieving it but I kind of have too many projects to really enjoy it.  My rebuild on my 64 Land Rover is gonna tank space and priority. i was wondering approx value of it as well as if it’s worth transporting down to Southern Ca for a larger market/better price?? If I remember correctly, everything is in pretty good shape, may need new toilets soon.  thoughts ?  I appreciate the input.  

By natche, in ATC 3-Wheeler Forum

• 2 replies
    • what is a good 4wheeler with a manual transmission?

Hello there, i am wanting to know, what would be a good 4 wheeler with a manual transmission?  Either a real manual with a clutch, or a semi automatic transmission. Either 2 or 4WD will do.  What i do want is one that has a rack at each end and can pull a small trailer.   So what are your suggestions? I am open to most any brand though Linhai is the only one from China i would buy.        So far it looks like Arctic Cat is overwhelmingly what fits what i'm looking for, but like i said, i'm open to almost any make. If there is any rivalry over brands count me out, i like them all.   What i do want is one that will last through farm use, hauling feed sacks and so forth.       

By technofarmer, in General ATV Discussion

• 21 replies
    • 2014 honda foreman 500 runs rough

Hi guys new to the forum. I have a 2014 honda foreman 500. It started to lose power and misfire eventually stalls. It's hard to restart. When it does start it will stall when hitting the throttle. Smells like its getting fuel. I drained and put new fuel in tank but still same issue. I check for codes and have a code29 IAVC circuit. I'm pretty sure I set this code when I drained the tank. I disconnected it when I removed fuel line from injector. I used the fuel pump to drain the last couple ounces out of tank and also to check fuel volume. I did clear the code but have to ride it around property to see if it or any other code generates. I'm thinking an ignition issue. I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar problem with their foreman. I realize its hard to fix something without being in front of it but any advise would be appreciated. Thanks  

By DJAMES999, in Honda ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual

View File 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual 1984 Honda TRX200 Service Manual Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Honda ATV  

By oxidized_black, in Honda ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Good News

BLUERIBBON COALITION, INC. MEDIA RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Del Albright, BlueRibbon Ambassador Phone: (209) 304-7693 Email: [email protected] Date: April 27, 2009 Rubicon Trail Update: Water Quality Board Meets - Rubicon Stays Open SACRAMENTO, CA (April 27) - The Rubicon Trail is open and OHV recreation is sustained on this icon of four-wheeling, according to the Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF) and Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR). The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (CVRWQCB) voted unanimously to issue a Cleanup and Abatement Order (CAO) to El Dorado County and the Eldorado National Forest for the world-famous Rubicon Trail that sustains motorized recreation while enhancing stewardship of the trail. Not only did the Board enact an order that recreationists can live with, but they also went so far as to praise the efforts of the volunteers for addressing trail issues in such a prompt manner all these years. The Rubicon Trail traverses the mighty Sierra Nevada Mountains of California from roughly Georgetown, CA to Lake Tahoe, CA. Water runoff and erosion are always concerns on trails in the west, but thanks to the efforts of all the clubs and members of Friends of the Rubicon in partnership with Eldorado County, landowners and the USFS, the Rubicon Trail is well maintained. "FOTR has invested thousands of hours of organized trail work and maintenance since our beginning in 2001," said Del Albright, co-Founder and Trail Boss, Friends of the Rubicon. "We are well-prepared to address any concerns or issues on this famous trail, and we are working towards a future of stewardship we can all be proud of," Albright added. Greg Mumm, Executive Director of the BlueRibbon Coalition, pointed out that "BlueRibbon has sponsored Del's leadership of efforts on the Rubicon Trail since the beginning, and we are confident that FOTR can handle this like they have everything else thrown at this famous trail." The Rubicon Trail Foundation is the 501©3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting efforts on the Rubicon Trail. They led the effort to ensure the Water Board understood all trail issues. RTF has position statements covering many aspects of trail use on the Rubicon, including topics like water quality, sanitation, camping, and year-round use. The Rubicon Trail Foundation does not support the blanket restriction of Rubicon Trail use by season, or by vehicle numbers, type or size. Further, the Rubicon Trail Foundation encourages the establishment of reasonable and practical operating procedures for training of volunteer groups and others to install and maintain trail drainage structures, stream crossings and new trail segments. Other issues being addressed by the dedicated volunteers of FOTR and RTF include mitigating oil spills and managing human waste. The Rubicon Trail Foundation supports requiring every Rubicon Trail user to carry portable human waste disposal devices and requiring every motorized user to carry oil spill kits. The Rubicon Trail Foundation works hand in hand with the Friends of the Rubicon and together, with the agency partners, these groups are ensuring an access-friendly future for the Rubicon Trail. "We look forward to implementing this order from the Water Quality Board in conjunction with our great partners in the county and USFS, because we all will benefit, and our trail will stay open, alive and well," Albright concludes. More information on RTF position statements, mission, and the CAO is available at Welcome to Rubicon Trail Foundation - or by emailing Board Director Scott Johnston at [email protected] # # # The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. It represents over 10,000 individual members and 1,200 organization and business members, for a combined total of over 600,000 recreationists nationwide. 1-800-258-3742. BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands.

By ATVsToday, in ATV Laws, Legal Issues, and Policing

• 2 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By bradley nelson
      What is the best and easiest way to tune your carburetor? Any tips or tricks?
    • By Keith Proudman
      My 2013 Honda 420 occasionally won't go into reverse. I don't think it is in the transmission as it does not make a click or noise. I think it is in the lockout. Someone told me when I ride near the ocean the salt can get on something. Any ideas?
    • By Jordan Alexander
      The title is for attention. I’m prepping my cylinder head off of an unknown year 400ex to install on my quad. And I’m examining it and there’s literally a Jewish start( Star of David) protruding from the metal on the camshaft side of the head. It’s not imprinted or etched/ engraved. It’s coming out of the metal. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ON WHY ITS THERE??? I’ve attached a picture 

• By Scoopeddad
      So I have a 1994 Honda trx300 and I still am having some carb issues. I cleaned the carb and installed a new carb kit. Starts great, idles great, but when in 3rd it seems to pulsate. Not steady power. Any ideas on the setting the setting for the carb? I put a new spark plug in and the old one did seem pretty dark and sooty. I checked the gap on new one and installed. Went for a ride and it didn't seem any different. Any suggestions would be great..
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      In this video, Jonathan checks and adjusts the valves clearances on a Honda Foreman 450. On this unit, the exhaust valve had excessive clearance.   Resurgence Small Engine Inc.