Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

DemonQuad666

National Recreational ORV Park (KENTUCKY)

The Land Between the Lakes Kentucky, Turkey Bay ORV Park... Sits on 170,000 Acres of National Recreational Land. Turkey Bay has over 100 miles of Trails and Hills decently maintained. I Used to go every Memorial Day Weekend. Thinking of going back soon!!! A few things you absolutely must know ahead of time.

#1 The nearest Gas station, last time I was there was around 45 min away... bring extra cans!!!!

#2 Rocks on the trails range in sizes from Quarters to Bowling balls to Volkswagens.  Tire Plugs, Spare parts, AND TOOLS recommended. Again nearest town is 45 min away.

#3 THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!   The park is located in a DRY county... nearest adult beverage over an hour and a half away one way. They do sell Ice at Ranger station.

#4 Easy as hell to get Lost. Ride in pairs. No telling how well GPS will work in the deep woods.

#5 Plan on staying a weekend. one day is no where near long enough.

Link to official page with all the INFO you will need other than the above fore mentioned.....

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

Enjoy!!! Deuces 

Just  how  dry  is the  county considering  the  history  of  the  area  ?    :D   Old  traditions  and thirsts  die  hard and there's all  sorts of  us  like reviving  some  old  traditions.

Somehow  I can  picture  quads  replacing  the  old  hot rods albeit  on a  much smaller  scale  :D:D

Edited by davefrombc
Just added another comment
  • Haha 1

Brutha we would roll in there on Friday night. Each man had 3 cases of beer and various bottles of booze. Yet each year on the last day we would all be putting our last few dollars in a pot to make that ole Memorial day B double E double R UN.... Can't remember a single year it didn't happen... As far as the "hotrods" before the UTV (joto side by sides) craze, it was the bad ass suped up, nitro fueled Sand Rails. Them things can climb anything..

The county voted to go wet this year.  There are several package stores in the county now.  You won't have to go near as far to "fill up" now.

• Thanks 1

Well how about that!!!

Hey let me ask..I'm assuming you are from around there. Are the Rangers still total and complete Douche bags at the Bay still???  Back in the late 90's several of us quite going due to the unrelenting harassment over petty silly shit by the Rangetards...   For years every Memorial weekend several Hundred people from my home town would descend upon the Bay. They started throwing us in jail so we quite coming back.