Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

National Recreational ORV Park (KENTUCKY)

The Land Between the Lakes Kentucky, Turkey Bay ORV Park... Sits on 170,000 Acres of National Recreational Land. Turkey Bay has over 100 miles of Trails and Hills decently maintained. I Used to go every Memorial Day Weekend. Thinking of going back soon!!! A few things you absolutely must know ahead of time.

#1 The nearest Gas station, last time I was there was around 45 min away... bring extra cans!!!!

#2 Rocks on the trails range in sizes from Quarters to Bowling balls to Volkswagens.  Tire Plugs, Spare parts, AND TOOLS recommended. Again nearest town is 45 min away.

#3 THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!   The park is located in a DRY county... nearest adult beverage over an hour and a half away one way. They do sell Ice at Ranger station.

#4 Easy as hell to get Lost. Ride in pairs. No telling how well GPS will work in the deep woods.

#5 Plan on staying a weekend. one day is no where near long enough.

Link to official page with all the INFO you will need other than the above fore mentioned.....

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

Enjoy!!! Deuces 

Just  how  dry  is the  county considering  the  history  of  the  area  ?    :D   Old  traditions  and thirsts  die  hard and there's all  sorts of  us  like reviving  some  old  traditions.

Somehow  I can  picture  quads  replacing  the  old  hot rods albeit  on a  much smaller  scale  :D:D

Edited by davefrombc
Just added another comment
  • Haha 1

Brutha we would roll in there on Friday night. Each man had 3 cases of beer and various bottles of booze. Yet each year on the last day we would all be putting our last few dollars in a pot to make that ole Memorial day B double E double R UN.... Can't remember a single year it didn't happen... As far as the "hotrods" before the UTV (joto side by sides) craze, it was the bad as* suped up, nitro fueled Sand Rails. Them things can climb anything..

Well how about that!!!

Hey let me ask..I'm assuming you are from around there. Are the Rangers still total and complete Douche bags at the Bay still???  Back in the late 90's several of us quite going due to the unrelenting harassment over petty silly sh** by the Rangetards...   For years every Memorial weekend several Hundred people from my home town would descend upon the Bay. They started throwing us in jail so we quite coming back.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Suzukiquad
      Is there any good places or trails in North Eastern Kentucky to take kids that are just starting to ride? 
    • By Admin
      Does anyone use GPS, whether on a device or app to record their ATV trail rides? I have been thinking about a section where our members can upload let's say a .gpx file and share their rides on a google map for others to see where there are riding areas. Not sure if this is something of interest or how much it would be used, so just trying to get an idea.
      Importing routes from files like xml, lmx, tour, freshroute, gpx, kmz, kml
    • By StayTheTrail
      Hey everyone!
      Ya'll have been so great and welcoming to our new Ambassador program, we wanted to be sure that Quad Crazy was getting info directly from us about the Stay The Trail educational program too.
      The program was started in 2003 with the purpose of educating the public about responsible trail use and fostering a sense of stewardship among OHV enthusiasts.
      The "Where To Go" section of our website is another great resource for anyone looking for trail info. We host all of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) and overlay them on the Google mapping system. We want this site to be the place you go to for trail maps as you plan a run. The MVUM maps show what trails are open for what types of vehicles. If a trail is not on these maps, it is not an open trail.
      We attend events and set up at trailheads throughout the season to ensure that folks are getting the info and education they need to be responsible on public trails. We have posters and brochures that quickly review these guidelines (all of the Etiquette info can also be found on the website).

Very soon, we will have a HUGE announcement about mobile mapping options!
      Sam and Matt are going to be around on the forum, keeping everyone updated on what is new with the program and answering questions. Feel free to ask us any questions!
      Oh – and don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK!
    • By Params_sweden
      Hi!
      I got my KLF300 running again with your help a couple of months ago, at that time it was the ignition coil that had failed. It has been in use since then without issues until two weeks ago.
      When the new issue showed I was going at about 10km/h and it suddenly slowed to a halt. I started it again after that with choke and I drove it 400 meters and parked. Next time it was really hard to start, and since it was low on gas I thought that was the problem. It didn't get any better with a full tank, so I assumed it was the cold weather, and adjusted the pilot slightly.
      After that it I actually got it started again with full choke and some slight gas, I drove about 300 meters and then it slowed down to a halt again. After that, it hasn't started again.
      The compression is 165psi. The spark has good intensity, the ATV has functioned before with the same spark "intensity"/light. I *assume* that it has gas as well, there is definitely gas on the spark plug when I remove it
      I have checked the carburetor slightly, the float works, diaphragm looks ok, but I haven't disassembled it to really look for dust and such in all the small places.
      My theory right now is that it might've been some dust in the gas tank that went into the system, it's just a theory
      I'm thankful for all the help and pointers I can get, don't hesitate

/ Pär, Sweden

• By Gunny
      Hope you enjoy the video ....