Quantcast

2003 arcticcat 400 4x4 fis no fire

Next step would be the coil. I attached the diagram, it is #10

I would also check #16, if you look at the diagram there is a sensor that sends a signal to the CDI to tell it to fire the spark plug.

Pull the connectors apart, check for corrosion. Clean with electric clean and grease with diaelectric grease before plugging back in.

Mike

2003 400 FIS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

If your magnets come loose, but do not break up or otherwise destroy anything, go to your local hardware and buy some Gorilla Glue brand epoxy. and glue them back in. They must be spaced properly same distance between all the way around. When you pull the cover off and get a look at them the polarity alignment is correct. Mark the outside edge of all of them with a paint marker or magic marker. Pull the magnets out and use a wire brush wheel to clean off the old glue. Clean rotor body and scuff up with emery cloth. Make sure that all is clean and free of dirt and oil. Make yourself a spacer stick to get the magnets spaced right. Have enough of those little spring loaded clamps to clamp each magnet in place. Wait overnight, remove clamps and install. Actually the gorilla epoxy sets up within an hour or two and it takes a little propane or map gas torch to get it to let go if you make a mistake. Or you can buy an updated flywheel on fleabay for about $200.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Fred Saari said:

Magnets at flywheel mine just went this fall, should have been a recall but it happens 10 orso years later, thats my two cents. Yooper

If there was a recall for your machine, it does not matter how many years have passed. Call a dealer and give them your VIN number, they can check it for you.

Mike