Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Kawasaki bayou 400 no spark

Dream Car Giveaway

Ok well hopefully it was all installed properly and a non defective coil.  The oem cdi you have is that the only one you have ? Orignal ?  I’ve learned that most of the time the cdi will not work with any moisture what so ever. Aftermarket ones do not work well or at thays why I recommend oem cdis. If so try to heat that one up in the oven.  It works! Not as a final fix but at least It will let you know that the cdi is bad. 

29 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

Ok well hopefully it was all installed properly and a non defective coil.  The oem cdi you have is that the only one you have ? Orignal ?  I’ve learned that most of the time the cdi will not work with any moisture what so ever. Aftermarket ones do not work well or at thays why I recommend oem cdis. If so try to heat that one up in the oven.  It works! Not as a final fix but at least It will let you know that the cdi is bad. 

Wow that was quick. Well I would get a tester ready and start going through the wiring harness either from the battery up to the ignition or vice versa. There has to be a wire off or plug someplace that’s not properly connected hit or broken wire etc. take your time and go through it.  Stupid question did you put the original regulator back in with the orignal cdi after you warmed it up ? Also when did this problem start ?

I did change the regulator with original cause I read that else were. It was running in my garage one day and just d ied and now we're here there isn't much else to check is there I still don't understand why I don't get oms on the pickup coil I have another pickup coil comming along with cdi box there not factory but yet another manufacturer than the others I have bought at that point I can't see have that many parts with the same problem 

I agree.  Usual suspect are the stator coil inside the engine which comes with the pick up coil. Second suspect would be the cdi which is usually a moisture issue due to cracking. Third is regulator and fourth would be the secondary coil coil going to the spark plug. And I’m assuming you replaced the spark plug and checked all fuses ?