Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

i need help with bayou 220 know nothing about them

phillip

Dream Car Giveaway

thank you the wheeler belongs to my daughter ans it has been stored for a while .  i down loaded both service manual and owners manual . they are very helpful but they dont show one thing over by the start buttom abd light switch there are two yellow buttons  s

one for up one for down .is this for shifting the trans . i dont have a clue . and i cant seem to get the nuteral light  no matter how much i move the shift peddle . thanks for your time in helping an old man 

Neutral  light could be  burned out .. Mine is .  The  yellow  buttons   up  and down  may be  for headlights.  They  have nothing to  do with  shifting gears.

Neutral  light  is a convenience  since  it does let you  know  when you  are in neutral, but  if it  doesn't  light  and your quad  won't start in gear  then  the  safety  switch is  working  and either  the  light is burned out  or the   it doesn't get the signal to  light from the switch.  I  don't worry  about the light out on my  quad.

Edited by davefrombc

The starter will  not  run if it is  in  gear.  It  it is  not running   when  you are certain  it is in  neutral it becomes a chore of tracing out the circuit  to  see  where  the fault is.. It  could be a dead battery, broken  wire,  bad ground, a faulty switch  or relay,  or the starter itself. To  be  sure the starter itself is  ok,  you  could  run 12v  directly to  it  with a  jumper cable to see if it spins over.

my ole big red  has a separate dimmer switch but  i got this kawasaki stripper down and that wire off those yellow buttons go to a separate computer board that shifts the trans its weird and it dont show in the serv manual. gonna have to jack it up in back jump it to start and go from there. thanks for your help and time

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By quadandy
      Hey guys! Stoked to be here because ive found its pretty hard to get help for mini quads
      I recently bought a mini quad (it's a piece of poop so i have no clue the make) and it ran perfectly fine. I was running it a few weeks ago all day and it worked fine and the next day when i went to start it, the kickstart bar was super hard to push down but i could still do it, then it would skip and finish off hard to push down.
      I have fairly intermediate mechanic abilities so i was able to pull off the cover and start playing around. it seems the kickstart spring is fine but i noticed a bunch of metal shavings. long story short i posted pictures and took a video of how things are kind of running. i assume the gears started grinding and now they wont catch fully, hence the skipping?  
      Also, im aware the main gear on the left has broken teeth, i found out the hard way when i tried to take off the nut and the teeth broke.
      IMG_7447.MOV IMG_7445.HEIC IMG_7446.HEIC
    • By ceedaman
      Hello, I would like to ride my ATV in a field close to my house and I know where the owner lives but I've never been very good at asking for permission to ride in someone's field. I know they don't use the field at the moment and I want to come across respectful but it seems like people get offended so easily over simple questions. If you were going to ask, how would you start the conversation? I would like to build a respectful relationship as this person own quite a bit of land int he area. 
    • By swensy7
      Hey all new to the forum.... We ended up picking up a 2006 Suzuki z50 quad sport and took it camping this weekend. The guy said had a new top end and just put on a new belt. Seem to work fine for a little bit and then it lost power at the rear wheels. Belt was not in bad shape took a look but it just did not seem to have enough power to get my little guy moving. I pick up the rear end tires would go. Set it down lacked all power.   Any help would be greatly appreciated it did run like a top also.      To add to the bad news on the way home I ended up losing the seat so if anybody has one even if it's in rough shape would love to get it or if you have any ideas open to suggestions......
    • By Poirierjul84
      I would like to know how to replace the carburetor on Suzuki quadrunner lt250 1985 please. Someone can tell me where I can get diagram free please 
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By Jaiidutch
      ok so ill try and make this as short as i can i really hope someone here can help me figure this out...
      bought a 2001 Mojave 250 from some one not running.. was running till ??somthing?? happend. was told before it stopped running it had a timing chain slap sound so the chain was replaced.
      got the quad home and did a compression test results were 0psi...lol decided to break the engine down n see whats going on. found a brand new timing chain installed and yet 2 valves pushed into the head..so i ordered a top end gasket set and all new valves and lapped them in. while the head was off i did a broke man leak down and filled the cylinder with thin oil and let it sit for a few days and none of it leaked so i assume the rings are good. reinstalled the head with new head gasket and valves. re did a compression test and I'm seeing 80psi(i don't really trust my cheap tester). I kick start the quad over and it will run for about 10 seconds and then die. I'm getting good blue spark. cleaned the carb and tried again... i can kick 10 times and it will only start for 10 seconds or so. swapped my carb, throttle cable & thumb throttle from my 87 Honda 250x to the Mojave and same result 10 seconds... had a friend bring over a known good working Mojave carb and you guessed it same results 10 seconds. even swapped to a back up stator that i have and same thing... what in the world is going on! i dont know what els to try
  • Gallery Images