Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

phillip

i need help with bayou 220 know nothing about them

i need to talk to someone that knows about them . and where and what to look for

You can  download  the owners  manual  for the 1994  Bayou 220  and the 1988 -2002 service manual from the  forum's Downloads  section.  There  are  very  likely  some Youtube  videos  that  may help  you  also.

thank you the wheeler belongs to my daughter ans it has been stored for a while .  i down loaded both service manual and owners manual . they are very helpful but they dont show one thing over by the start buttom abd light switch there are two yellow buttons  s

one for up one for down .is this for shifting the trans . i dont have a clue . and i cant seem to get the nuteral light  no matter how much i move the shift peddle . thanks for your time in helping an old man 

Neutral  light could be  burned out .. Mine is .  The  yellow  buttons   up  and down  may be  for headlights.  They  have nothing to  do with  shifting gears.

Neutral  light  is a convenience  since  it does let you  know  when you  are in neutral, but  if it  doesn't  light  and your quad  won't start in gear  then  the  safety  switch is  working  and either  the  light is burned out  or the   it doesn't get the signal to  light from the switch.  I  don't worry  about the light out on my  quad.

Edited by davefrombc

the starter will not go when you push the start button qdo i have to take the finders off to get to those switches to test them

The starter will  not  run if it is  in  gear.  It  it is  not running   when  you are certain  it is in  neutral it becomes a chore of tracing out the circuit  to  see  where  the fault is.. It  could be a dead battery, broken  wire,  bad ground, a faulty switch  or relay,  or the starter itself. To  be  sure the starter itself is  ok,  you  could  run 12v  directly to  it  with a  jumper cable to see if it spins over.

i think it is stuck in gear jumt across the terminals on the solinoid and the starter engages . . still havent figured out the yellow buttons are the hi /lo for the lights is ion the switch to turn them on

I don't know about your  Kawasaki but my Honda has a separate on/off switch  from the high/low  switch,  and  they  are  all also  separate from my ignition sqwitch.

my ole big red  has a separate dimmer switch but  i got this kawasaki stripper down and that wire off those yellow buttons go to a separate computer board that shifts the trans its weird and it dont show in the serv manual. gonna have to jack it up in back jump it to start and go from there. thanks for your help and time

That's  a new  one on me if it  has both a mechanical  and electronic shift.   Sorry  I couldn't  be  more  help on that one.