Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

John M

2002 Honda TRX 250 EX Gas leak

I'm new to this forum. Any feedback is welcome.

I have a 2002 Honda TRX 250 EX fuel is leak around the gas on/off, reserve valve. The valve appears to be connected to the bottom of the single piece molded gas tank. Anyone ever had this situation? Any suggestions as to repair?

That's the fuel petcock and I have that issue on my grizzly where it leaks when in the on position. I have to change it and in the meantime I have been leaving it on the off position when not in use. Try and see if it leaks in every position. If not, it's probably the valve. 

* Topic moved to Honda forum and added ATV info into topic title.

My  petcock started leaking on my old '91  Honda  300FW..  Took it apart  and found the bowl/  water trap  was corroded through.  Cleaned the bowl,coated the  inside with JB weld epoxy  and leak cured.  I'll  pick  up  a  new  assembly  when I'm  able,  but in the  meantime  that repaired one  will likely  last  years  more  now the epoxy  coating protects it from  any corrosion  by  moisture  settling in it.  Iwon't  be in a big  hurry  to  get the  new petcock.

Mine has a small nut on the back side of the valve which tightens the valve assembly and reduces leakage

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By YamahaGrizzly
      changing it up a little from the ol grizzlys! In this video we snorkel a Honda with Travis's N2Deep snorkel kit! If anyone wants to tackle a snorkel install or get me and Jon to install it they can save 10% on the N2deep website with the code ODMM10.
      Check us out on instagram!
      https://www.instagram.com/offroad.dan/
      https://www.instagram.com/muddymillz/
    • By Brian Simmons
      A buddy of mine . had a friend redo his top end . It was running great  . then it like locked up  but then it started again !!! then it seemed like it locked up again ??? Could he have done something wrong  ??? Could it be bad ??? Please let me know what you think it could be ??? Please help !!! i want to know how much it will cost to fix or if he should part it out ???
      PLEASE HELP !!!
    • By Jeff Cotter
      I recently purchased a 2000 polaris xplorer 400 4x4.  When I bought it the starter was bad, speedometer didn't work,  and it had been sitting for 5 years. I replaced the battery, and starter. Changed all fluids, and got it running correctly.  Then replaced the speedometer in an attempt to make sure the awd would be available when needed.  And took it out for a couple hour ride with a buddy.  
      It ran great that ride with no serious problems just a little carb issues which I was able to take care of on the trails.  Then a couple days later I decided to take it out for a ride by myself,  again ran great no issues other than a couple times it seemed to cough and then take off again.  That day when I was loading it I noticed coolant dripping onto the trailer and the overflow bottle was empty.  
      Got home and decided to drain the counter balancer, when I did that I got about 3 cups of coolant. Im guessing that it needs new seals and all for the water pump.
      My question is how difficult is it to do the water pump and should I attempt it or should I send it down the road to the polaris dealership to get it done? 

• By oxidized_black
      View File 1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is one of the most common all-terrain vehicles on off-road trails that is geared toward novice riders and families. It’s also one of the smallest and most inexpensive ATVs on the market, with a retail price under $3,500, as of 2010. The Bayou 220 is Kawasaki’s only ATV of its size. The 220’s sibling is the larger Bayou 250 equipped with a 228cc engine.
      Engine
      The Bayou 220’s engine is a 215cc, four-stroke, shaft-driven, air-cooled model. Its bore measures 2.6 inches and the stroke is 2.4 inches. It features a relatively high 9.3:1 compression ratio with fuel delivered through a Mikuni VM24SS carburetor. The electronic ignition is Kawasaki’s DC-CDI. It also features a recoil backup as a starting system. The clutch is an automatic wet multidisc model with power delivered to the wheels via a five-speed transmission, according to ATV Source.
      Chassis
      The steel frame supports a front suspension with single A-arms and twin shock absorbers, with the rear suspension a Quad-Link system with two shocks. Front wheel travel is 4.5 inches, while the rear wheel travel measures at 4.9 inches. Front and rear brakes are drums.
      Size
      The front tire size is AT21X8-9 with the rear tires measuring AT22X10-10. The ATV’s wheelbase is 43.9 inches, with an overall length of 68.7 inches. Ground clearance is 6.1 inches with the seat height measuring 28.7 inches. It weighs 403 lbs. and can tow up to 450 lbs. Its fuel tank can carry 2.6 gallons.
      Basics
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is not the fastest ATV on the market, but one reason the Bayou 220 has kept its price low is the lack of amenities. It features a brake light and dual headlamps with high/low beam. There is an auxiliary lighting terminal inside the front cover of the ATV and electrical accessory terminals under the seat. The instrument cluster atop the fuel tank features a fuel gauge, but not much else. There are no speedometer, odometer, hourmeter, tripmeter, high-beam indication or high-temperature light. It does have a reverse/neutral indicator light. The Bayou comes in two colors: hunter green and firecracker red.
      Features
      The front A-arm, twin shock and rear Quad-Link twin-shock suspension system is not a true fully independent system, but it allows for a comfortable ride over rough terrain without employing a complex and expensive, fully independent suspension system. The ATV features front and rear steel cargo racks. The ATV is rider-friendly with a limited adjustable throttle to help novices practice their riding skills without twisting the throttle too far and losing control of the vehicle.
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Kawasaki ATV