Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

John M

2002 Honda TRX 250 EX Gas leak

I'm new to this forum. Any feedback is welcome.

I have a 2002 Honda TRX 250 EX fuel is leak around the gas on/off, reserve valve. The valve appears to be connected to the bottom of the single piece molded gas tank. Anyone ever had this situation? Any suggestions as to repair?

That's the fuel petcock and I have that issue on my grizzly where it leaks when in the on position. I have to change it and in the meantime I have been leaving it on the off position when not in use. Try and see if it leaks in every position. If not, it's probably the valve. 

* Topic moved to Honda forum and added ATV info into topic title.

My  petcock started leaking on my old '91  Honda  300FW..  Took it apart  and found the bowl/  water trap  was corroded through.  Cleaned the bowl,coated the  inside with JB weld epoxy  and leak cured.  I'll  pick  up  a  new  assembly  when I'm  able,  but in the  meantime  that repaired one  will likely  last  years  more  now the epoxy  coating protects it from  any corrosion  by  moisture  settling in it.  Iwon't  be in a big  hurry  to  get the  new petcock.

Mine has a small nut on the back side of the valve which tightens the valve assembly and reduces leakage

• Like 1