Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

technofarmer

2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 front differential worn out

Hey there  i have a question. I have a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500. Just recently i heard some clanking sounds coming from somewhere when in 2WD (ironically not in AWD) and started checking all the driveshafts only to find that every one of them that goes into the front gearbox is loose. This is both axle shafts and the driveshaft.  Its obvious that Polaris has their own unique design with it comes to these things, so what all do i need to know before i go to fixing or replacing the front end?  

Added ATV information into topic title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By colin james
      View File 2016-2018 Polaris Youth ATV Sportsman & Outlaw 110 EFI Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the 2017  Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI
      Submitter colin james Submitted 07/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By colin james
      This is the factory service manual for the 2017  Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI
    • By ticketman2u
      I am so glad that I found this site! I have a 2000 Sportsman 500 4X4 and have a couple issues.  The biggest one is that the gear selector mounting bolts to the frame have vibrated loose and I can't find the size that I need on any website.  I do not have any of the bottom bolts or the two side bolts to go off of.  The entire gear selector has come off the frame but is still connected to the shifter linkages.  Second issue is that it wants to turn left and is very hard to steer.  I cannot find anything bent.  Any ideas?
      Thanks!
    • By Parrish
      Finding it difficult to locate some of the parts. Looking for a decent used cylinder OEM# 3085851, then new piston and rings to fit. Anyone have this model ATV that could share the good, bad, or ugly of this model would be greatly appreciated. I picked it up cheap with a blown head gasket so havn't even rode it yet. Thanks in advancer
    • By jason baskins
      ive recently purchased 2 97 polaris 500"s . ive had both running but decided to build one good 4 whrrler out of boyh. well idecided to put a brand new carbuerator on it and it never hit a lick hasnt hit a lick since .  i checked the the throttle housing on the handle bars for that swith  and checked it every way i know how but still no spark any ideas ? thanks