Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mothrottle

2017 sportsman 450 HO turns over but won't fire

2017 sportsman 450 HO turns over but won't fire. My "check engine" light is on. What sort of problems cause that light to go on?

Need some more information. Does it have spark?. Is it getting gas? Do you hearthe fuel pump run when you first turn the key on without trying to start it. 

Need some more information. Does it have spark?. Is it getting gas? Do you hearthe fuel pump run when you first turn the key on without trying to start it. 

my 2018 450 has been having some starting issues. my check engine light flashes then goes away after it turns over. I am starting to wonder if it the ignition. try turning it half and wait a few seconds to let the fuel pump start. you will hear it hum a little. then try and turn it over and see if it does better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Scott Sirr
      I need to figure out how to clean/fix or replace my neutral switch assembly On my 2008 Yamaha big bear 400 as generally the neutral light doesn’t come on when it is in neutral. To get it to come on I have to wiggle the foot shifter and hold it in just the right spot.
      I have googled it and can’t find much on the 400’s. I can’t find a service manual online and the parts manual is super vague.
      I think it is in the right side engine cover area, but not certain. 
       Any help would be great. thanks
      Scott
    • By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By name
      Hi, do you know if that exists ?
    • By David Miller
      Does anyone know how to access the check engine codes on a 2018 450 sportsman. Just changed battery and spark plug . It runs fine but the light is on and I need this to plow snow and need it reliable. Any ideas . Thanks
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By David Miller
      Does anyone know how to access the check engine codes on a 2018 450 sportsman. Just changed battery and spark plug . It runs fine but the light is on and I need this to plow snow and need it reliable. Any ideas . Thanks
    • By marek porowski
      Hi, I got a check engine light and a diagnostic code 520194 2 and i know it has something to do with throttle voltage out of range
      I'd like to know if thats something that can be adjusted ? Or does anybody know what should i test  ?  I just bought this atv and I'm fixing it as its been in an accident. 
      I also changed throttle leaver as original one was broken and I noticed inside the 4x4 selector assembly there are 2 contacts but I'm not sure if they're suppose to make contact at idle. I found some info online but some are saying they're suppose to touch and some say they're not. I think id depends of the year of the machine but I'm not sure. I'd really appreciate any help that i can get with this
      Thanks 
    • By Barry Troxtell
      I have a 2005 Sportsman 500, Instrument cluster will not illuminate, hi/lo beams work though.  Any tips or troubleshooting info is greatly appreciated!
    • By Christian Brindle
      I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500. The Speedometer got water inside of it and it sat for a long time. So now that speedometer is trashed to say the least and i need to find a replacement. I don't want to put up the cash for an oem one so i was wondering if anyone knew any good speedometers out there i could use. I've found many speedometers i like but don't know how i'd wire it up without the same connection points. Thanks, any input is appreciated
    • By Eddie Rahm
      whats up fellas....the white wire going from the throttle body came unplugged from the circuit  board and im not sure where it plugs back in to ? i see where the red wire goes but im not sure where the white wire goes...im not even sure what those wires do..any help would be appreciated..thanks. 1996 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 push button awd.