Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

go off the specs in the service manual to start with

• Like 1

You would definitely want to look through the manual but here's a good video to give you some idea on the process of air/fuel mixture. 

• Like 1

Screw the needle all the way in, then back it out 2 1/2 turns out. This should give you a starting point. Start the engine and slowly adjust until runs decent.  If it won't start, back out 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Frank Angerano
      So there is always chatter of the air/fuel mixture screw accessibility on the carburetors we all work on.   So I found this clip and thought it was interesting.   This goes back to a post today about carburetors not having an air/fuel adjustment screw as well as getting to the darn thing to make an adjustment! 
      Thsi videoclip  clarifies the way it’s found and taken care of for some of tye carbs we come across.
      Furthermore which I found to really like was the replacement air/fuel screw that was put back in place from the original making adjustment a ton easier! No more fancy angle screwdrivers.    Let me know what you think.  It’s a quick video. 

• By GERONAMO308
      Hi all, does anyone know what type of plastic is used for making ATV fairings.
      In particular Suzuki Quadrunner 1992, if i cannot get a plastic for it in Red for the rear i will attempt repair.
      I have a King Chrome plastic welding kit, however you need to know what type of plastic you are welding.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Lellwyn Griffin
      I am looking for pictures of your carburetors, specifically looking for what type and where the hoses go on the red circles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By EagleAl
      '97 Bayou 300 4x4 KLF-300C. I'm having trouble re-installing the spring in the recoil (pull) starter. I'm hoping someone knows an easy tip or trick. Thanks for all the help this forum has given me already! 
    • By CunningStunt
      I think i need to adj. the valves as I get some engine noise from the valve area when getting on the  throttle really good.  Lower rpm;s no noise.

Any tips/thoughts?  Also, i am relatively sure that the intake valves are the ones on the top and exh are the ones on the exhaust side...just need a dummy check as I have never worked on an engine before.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Tubecatgs
      A friend of mine has this Bayou 220 that started running bad and parked it a few years ago. I foolishly volunteered to take a look at it. I noticed right away the choke plunger on the carb was broken and probably the reason it was running bad but now the old gas was evaporated and like turpentine. Before i even tried to start it, i drained/ thoroughly washed the tank out, new fuel filter, new fuel lines. Blew air through the petcock etc. Changed the oil and filter and air filter and new choke plunger and cable. I disassembled the carb and rebuilt it with a kit. I cleaned the main jet with solvent and poked a wire through it to make sure it is clean.. the engine now fires right up with the choke on and dies when i take the choke off. I adjusted the air/fuel screw to about 1.5 turns out and the idle screw about 2.5 turns out. The rubber boot between the carb and head does not have any cracks in it so I don't think it is leaking air. I originally had the clip on the needle on the second from the top ring... when i moved it all the way to the bottom it starts, runs and idles really fast and will idle eeally high with the choke off but if i adjust the throttle cable and/or idle screw to a slower idle it will sometimes stall but the idle will go up and down every few seconds and when you give it gas there is a hesitation... i tried moving the clip down to rhe second from bottom and same problem... i replaced all the parts in the pic to the top right. However, there appears to be a small o ring, washer and spring left over from the kit... i did not see these get removed..... a) any idea if where these extra parts go and if i need them and b) any other ideas on why i cant get it to idle right or carb adjustment ideas?
      Thanks
    • By Anthony Marceau
      Hi everyone! I have a 1986 yamaha moto4 200 that's been sitting for a while! Cleaned the carb, replaced engine oil, put fresh gas in it. Got it running and went for a ride! It was running great just a little backfire once in a while! I barely made it home on the way back and now the bike won't run at all since then! It will start if I give a little bit of throttle but dies instantly as soon as I let go off the throttle! And even if I try to rev it up it'll sound like its not getting enough gas.. it revs up a couple hundred rpm's and backfires through the carb.. it almost sounds as if I was trying to take off from zero in 5th gear! Nothing is seized though! I dissasembled the head and the piston and cylinder are fine! Rebuilt the carb, replaced the ignition source coil.. I don't know what to do anymore.. compression test shows 90 psi Specs are 128 psi but i'm not sure if I trust my compression tester.. any ideas? Thanks!!
    • By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By hoghead
      Anyone have experience with after market carbs.