Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

LMI

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 - Fan Replacement

The saga of the fan continues.

The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.

I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND

• Like 1

Speaking of fans, I just bought a 2005 king quad with some commander tracks in it. Can seems to be on most of the time. Is this normal or is she working harder with the tracks on it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Colin James Krepela
      So here's the deal people, I have an old Avenger 350 4X4 Shaft Driven ATV. They only made them in the early 80's their thought of as the first four wheelers from around back when Suzuki made one in 1982. I believe the engine on it is a Kohler as I watched this video https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=avenger+400+atv&view=detail&mid=1E10E939019CA07770031E10E939019CA0777003&FORM=VIRE but mine is a 350. That's if its original, and it all looks original. I am wondering where I can get parts for this engine, or really what engine is it. I have no way to find the year, unless you guys know where a serial number might be. Every sticker is worn off. IF anyone has any information at all on these old wheelers it would be greatly appreciated. I specifically need the gaskets for the carb, and don't tell me I could build them please I want to restore it as perfectly as I can. I can take pictures of the wheeler/carb if it'll help. Let me know.
    • By Ed Zeppeli
      I have some wobble in my right rear wheel. Too much wobble.

So I've torn into it and will need two bearings and two (different) seals. I'd like to get them locally if possible but need to know the number on the sides of the bearings and seals as I don't know that my bearing shop can source them by vehicle model. I'm told they're very common bearings.

Any idea what the numbers are if mine end up being illegible?

Thanks,

Warren
    • By Tim-ANC
      Out riding last week. My son was riding my friend's Rincon. He was falling behind. I looked back at him and the left front tire was sideways. I thought, damn, I know what that is.

The inner rod end ball had busted out of the socket housing. I was able to pop it back in then tied it up with pull start rope.

Worked well enough to limp it back at slow speed.
    • By Jcolgin
      I have a 1998 Big bear 350...the tail pipe/spark arrestor is broke in the exhaust....how can I get it out to replace it? And what's the best way to get the new one in?
    • By ronwv48
      Just got a 2001 300 2x4 Bayou that needs a shifter shaft. Is this a very hard replacement to do? What do I need to watch for? Is there a video on this repair?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By DUBLT
      Looking to purchase a windshield for my ATV, suggestions of what to buy with quality in mind and will fit without doing any modifications. 
    • By Ted Aregi
      I've got a king quad 750cc has anyone converted the fuel pump relay to a stronger fuel pump relay on there king quad?
    • By Brandon Bollinger
      Doesnt seem to make the sound all the time. Mostly does it under load or going up an incline. Its kind of like a clunk and or grinding noise, Kind of hard to decipher. Today while going up an incline it actually stopped and it sounds like something spinning and then it ingauged again and it would move. I checked the clutches and installed a new belt before it did that also. Rear drive shaft seems ok where U joint is too. Has all new rear CV shafts and bearings and al new bushings in rear arms. Also flushed out the rear Diff with no shavings. Any ideas or where to check. 
    • By Jeremy Murray
      My 300 king quad will crank and crank off the start button but will not start but you can pull the pull rope a few times and it will start help me
    • By My kiwi shed
      Hi there everyone. Just seeing if there is advice on a problem I have before I start digging too deep. 
      I recently bought this creally nice 2004 King quad ltf300 with only 2400km..
      Everything things works great except when engaged into 4wd or diff lock it has a clicking noise ( sounds like broken teeth etc) are the front diffs known to blow?  Or the transfer from engine?
      I am yet to test on some loose ground to see if I'm getting drive at front .
      I will be driving in to find problem in next few weeks but thought I'd see if anyone might know what it is first. Cheers