Quantcast

Manuals, manuals,manuals!!

I know everyone comes here looking 👀for manuals and gets frustrated with the  10 post minimum  😢 to bad but it’s worth it trust me!!! So after you get your manual and use it here’s a topic  

To all the people that have worked on many types/models of ATVs  and used the repair manuals for the various types of manufacturers etc.  

I’ve worked on quite a few different brands and have always referred to the manual where I need to. 
So my question is what manufacturer do you think has the better layout with regard to working on and understanding the manual?
For example I have looked at quite a few electrical diagrams/schematics and have found that Kawasaki has the easiest to follow! 
I looked at Polaris and get completely baffled sometimes and have to decode the dam thing before I can understand it.  
This also follows suit with working on the engine and drive train. 
So I’m curious who do you think has the most user friendly repair manual???

• Like 1

I only have worked on Arctic Cats but I found the electrical diagrams to be straightforward and easy to follow. Color coding of the wires makes it easy to find the right one and its well documented in the schematic.

Ive used the service manuals as well and find them to be written well with the included pictures.

Part diagrams online are easy to follow and depending on what I need, sometimes I buy OEM, sometimes i buy aftermarket. Some parts are best bought OEM such as the drive belt. Its more money but they last much longer then any aftermarket belt.

Mike

I have used Honda, Suzuki, Kymco and KTM manuals.

I don't really have a preference as I was able to find them all online. They were all detailed enough for the tasks I was performing.

The Honda I used the schematics to aid in a winch install and for axle boot replacement on a Foreman

(Honda's automobile service manuals are very nice, but I've not had any luck finding them in PDF)

The Suzuki I used for verifying valve clearances, wire/cable routing and stock carb settings on an LTZ250, LT50, DRZ125, and LTZ400

The Kymco I used the schematics for a Mongoose 90 (similar to Artic Cat 90) that had wiring issues. 

The KTM I used to rebuild a little 2 stroke engine on a 50SR, it was probably the least detailed of the three manufacturers.

I'll update this post after I get access to the manual for the Kawasaki KEF300 

• 5 weeks later...