Quantcast

Hey temper welcome , im fairly new here as well , i have to say this site has so much more to offer then just grab service manual, the guys are cool , theres a ton of info and great fellowship , fun place to shoot the sh** with guys with same interest.

Hopefully this spring we will,all be able to meet up ,ride eats and a few cold ones , im in upstate new york great places to ride , what do you have for quads ?  

• Like 2

Hi, I am a new member.  I just bought a 2002 Kawasaki 650 and when it was delivered to me I did not realize that it was running only on one cylinder.  Man I was disappointed..  any way I purchased a new head for the valves were broke and it scored the top of the piston only and not the cylinder.  This is the rear head that I am replacing and valves.   I used a wire to hold the timing chain.  Howere I noticed that the cam did not have the pre decompression items it had been removed and closed off on the timming cam.   There is a arrow on the gear... Can anyone give me some info to time this.. I do not want to do it wrong and mess up the engine... 

I am also trying to make my 4x4 actuator manual since it was not working.   I need a type of thumb control and I think a bike shift might do the trick on the handle bar with a cable down to the actuator and I am planning to drill in the gear and make a groove for the cable to turn the gear to engage the 4x4... any other ideas.

4 hours ago, Si Mayeux said:

Hi, I am a new member.  I just bought a 2002 Kawasaki 650 and when it was delivered to me I did not realize that it was running only on one cylinder.  Man I was disappointed..  any way I purchased a new head for the valves were broke and it scored the top of the piston only and not the cylinder.  This is the rear head that I am replacing and valves.   I used a wire to hold the timing chain.  Howere I noticed that the cam did not have the pre decompression items it had been removed and closed off on the timming cam.   There is a arrow on the gear... Can anyone give me some info to time this.. I do not want to do it wrong and mess up the engine... 

I am also trying to make my 4x4 actuator manual since it was not working.   I need a type of thumb control and I think a bike shift might do the trick on the handle bar with a cable down to the actuator and I am planning to drill in the gear and make a groove for the cable to turn the gear to engage the 4x4... any other ideas.

Post a new thread and we can help you figure it out.

• Like 1