Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Frank Angerano

Thoughts on this carburetor adjust

So there is always chatter of the air/fuel mixture screw accessibility on the carburetors we all work on.   So I found this clip and thought it was interesting.   This goes back to a post today about carburetors not having an air/fuel adjustment screw as well as getting to the darn thing to make an adjustment! 

Thsi videoclip  clarifies the way it’s found and taken care of for some of tye carbs we come across.

Furthermore which I found to really like was the replacement air/fuel screw that was put back in place from the original making adjustment a ton easier! No more fancy angle screwdrivers.    Let me know what you think.  It’s a quick video. 

• Thanks 1

extremely helpful!!  Where do I get these online?  Amazon?  How do I know which kind to get for a specific bike?

I think the company based on the video was cv performance. I looked on amazon they are listed. 

I’m always watching videos like this.  I like that adjustment screw.  

Thank you Frank - that is on my carb! - why the hell do they put the darn thing in such a hard to get to place! - That EZ Just screw mod seems ideal but there is nobody in the UK doing them directly as far as I can see at the moment. 

• Sad 1

Glad to hear you found it. If you can’t get one of the long stem mixture screws where you are located then get creative and make up a small right angle screwdriver out of a small flat heat.   I have in the past purchased a small flat head screwdriver and heated it up and bent tye top (flat head part) 90deg about one inch down.    

The second way is to take a small Allen key and grind the bent tip down to a flat tip. It’s bent already and easy to do and use.

I’m sorry I never really know where everyone is from.   I just assume most members are closer. I did the same thing this week by showing a member from Australia an item on Amazon  and he said they don’t have Amazon there!!! 😬Just goes to show you how far Quadcrazy reaches out!!

Good luck and let us know how you do please! 

• Like 1

That's a neat idea that CV Performance have come up with. Those mixture screws are a pain to adjust when mounted on the bike.

They really are.  I’ve made so many different types of screw drivers to get up in there. This adjustment screw makes life a lot easier. 

Thanks for the info Frank....man that long stem mix screw is awesome! I think my biggest challenge is getting the correct size jetting for the pilot and main jets.  Especially in some of the aftermarket chinese carbs.

If you contact the manufacturer of that screw set up they have all the info on bikes and carbs you have.