Quantcast

Thoughts on this carburetor adjust

So there is always chatter of the air/fuel mixture screw accessibility on the carburetors we all work on.   So I found this clip and thought it was interesting.   This goes back to a post today about carburetors not having an air/fuel adjustment screw as well as getting to the darn thing to make an adjustment! 

Thsi videoclip  clarifies the way it’s found and taken care of for some of tye carbs we come across.

Furthermore which I found to really like was the replacement air/fuel screw that was put back in place from the original making adjustment a ton easier! No more fancy angle screwdrivers.    Let me know what you think.  It’s a quick video. 

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you found it. If you can’t get one of the long stem mixture screws where you are located then get creative and make up a small right angle screwdriver out of a small flat heat.   I have in the past purchased a small flat head screwdriver and heated it up and bent tye top (flat head part) 90deg about one inch down.    

The second way is to take a small Allen key and grind the bent tip down to a flat tip. It’s bent already and easy to do and use.

I’m sorry I never really know where everyone is from.   I just assume most members are closer. I did the same thing this week by showing a member from Australia an item on Amazon  and he said they don’t have Amazon there!!! 😬Just goes to show you how far Quadcrazy reaches out!!

Good luck and let us know how you do please! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...