Quantcast

Considering a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 90

Cory

Hi everyone new to the forum.  I’m looking to upgrade my son from an Eton brand 50cc atv. It’s 2 stroke and can take awhile to warm up in the cold months. Anyway, I found a mint looking 2004 Polaris Sportsman 90 ($1400)and a few 2015 and 2016 Arctic Cat DVX 90 atvs ($1800) in my area.  Just wondering if I’m crazy for considering the Sportsman since it is 10 years older. Basically    Are the newer atvs 2015/ 2016 made any better or worse than the 2004 atvs? I know it is hard to say without seeing them and testing them out, but any experiences in general may help me to decide. Thank you

BB5686AD-88DC-429A-A8F6-AB37D5749B1D.jpeg.609c1f4943dfe55e939d082030c13e2b.jpeg

27709A44-AB6E-4991-AD06-5AF1EE16D9E2.jpeg.f2eb1f187497b03daa7dddbc38306894.jpeg

Welcome to Quadcrazy! Have you checked Kelly blue book on atv values to see where your at with what a atv your looking at is with ? Every state is different. 

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/4-wheel-atv/

Now for the performance concerns my feelings are the Polaris although it’s a little older is still a great bike. Very reliable and hold value. I think that price is a little out of line but not bad. But your looking at a much newer bike for about $400 more. Well worth it.  Most of the newer bikes have fuel injection, better suspension and overall newer features.  

The only thing with the Polaris is the due to the year although a solid bike if you hold on to it for a while and have no intention of passing it down and want to sell it the year will be the haggling point as it’s your concern right now (the year) think about the next guy lol.

Either way I think you can’t go wrong as far as getting a solid bike. I would go with the newer bike (just my preference) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By mehim
      Hi everyone. 
      Let me explain the thread title. 
      My husband and I are very active in the nudist community, and we have stayed at many and most of the mainstream nudist and clothing optional campgrounds in the USA. We are now approaching our retirement and would like to start a podcast to share those off the road / backwoods / little known camping areas where nudity is allowed. We have purchased a 5th wheel camping trailer with a rear garage for the ATV and now need some good reports on the one to buy. 
      We are most interested in a side by side unit but would love to get your thoughts. 
      Feel free to stop by and say Hi and ask anything you would like to better understand what we are looking for in an offroad unit. 
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you. 

• By Louznmemind
      Howdy y'all, I'm trying to fix a neighbors 2015 Brute Force 300. Came in with hard to start and won't idle except on choke issue. I pulled the carb and found the pilot jet as well as the emulsion tube partially clogged. Cleaned up everything, put it back together, still having issues...  It will start right up on choke and will also start off choke if you give it just a touch of throttle but it absolutely will not idle unless it's choked just a touch. Also, excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming the "dial" thingy attached to the carb that turns in and out is for setting idle?? 
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot: