Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

x

2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 Shocks/struts

It's time to replace the shocks and struts.  Looking for some stiffer springs than the OEM as I use this for farm work and I put heavy loads on the rear and haul small trailers frequently.  I've seen a couple aftermarket offerings that say they're 10% or so heavier duty.  Any other options for something a little stronger / stiffer?  Thanks.

my 500 has stiff aftermarket shocks on the rear that I wish weren't soo stiff- did sit down when I loaded it up with firewood tho.. maybe trade?:biglaugh:  jk I might can check to see what make they are, maybe you would consider buying something similar...

Picture0404190829951.jpg

heres what it usually looks like:

Picture0321191822951.jpg

thank you for the replies, those look much better than how mine sits, or rather sags, now.  I figured I might as well replace the struts too while I am replacing the springs, do you use OEM ones from polaris or something aftermarket?  Any kind of spring/strut package available?  This is a work buggy, so the stiffer the better I think for me.  Not looking for go fast handling enhancements or anything.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Randel1
      I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 quadrunner back into service. I have it up and running like new but need to replace the plastics as they are brittle and crumbling due to age and sun exposure. I would like to purchase new parts either OEM or aftermarket but have had little luck in finding them. I would even consider used or salvaged parts in serviceable condition. Any help in locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • By JacobSlabach
      First of all sorry I have been MIA here for a while, been busy with school and work.  I'll try and reply on some other threads asap, but posting this one because I just picked up a 2017 sportsman 570 before the new year and popped a boot on it going through a mud hole.  The former owner had aftermarket axles on it to accommodate the 4in lift and idk what brand they are but they're skinny as heck and idk what boot to buy to rebuild with?  It's the rear right lower boot (under the brake calp.).  I'll post some pics when I can and sorry again I've missed yall on the forum!
    • By Rich1028
      Suspension Question? Shocks for 250X
      I bought the wife a 2019 honda 250X,it does not have adjustable shocks,I'm thinking of maybe getting one  as well,for her she does not notice it as much as I  do but the ride is not as good as my 1991 250X with adjustable shocks.
      So I'm looking at maybe getting new shocks if I get one for myself,I find these.
      Elka Suspension
      LEGACY SERIES FRONT & REAR KIT SHOCKS for HONDA TRX250X, All Years
      $ 999.99
      https://us.elkasuspension.com/product/legacy-series-front-rear-kit-shocks-for-honda-trx250x-all-years/
      anyone here use these shocks?and how good are they?
    • By Amazon Ads
      Where do you buy your ATV parts? Did you know that Amazon has ATV parts in stock for immediate delivery? You'll find all the best ATV parts and for great prices! Check out all the ATV parts available with free 2 day shipping now...
    • By Reece Bowen
      x   just bought this expedition 425 and the Speedo needle does not work. The lights work for the shift indcator. So is this an electronic Speedo or cable? Is there a way to fix it or will I have to replace the unit? Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By dany desbiens
      Hello i have a Polaris 2003 sportsman 600 Polaris Sportsman OEM Gauge Speedo Speedometer Display Dash Cluster 3280425 the speedo is not working no 4*4 i can find nothing can i put a speedo 2004Speedometer Gauge Speedo
      3280431 04-08 Sportsman if it will work
    • By turner_clint77
      Just have a couple questions 
      first does anyone else have an issue with the right hand tie rods coming loose 
      second does anyone else’s power steering making a weird sound at times 
    • By David Miller
      Does anyone know how to access the check engine codes on a 2018 450 sportsman. Just changed battery and spark plug . It runs fine but the light is on and I need this to plow snow and need it reliable. Any ideas . Thanks
    • By Rich1028
      Suspension Question? Shocks for 250X
      I bought the wife a 2019 honda 250X,it does not have adjustable shocks,I'm thinking of maybe getting one  as well,for her she does not notice it as much as I  do but the ride is not as good as my 1991 250X with adjustable shocks.
      So I'm looking at maybe getting new shocks if I get one for myself,I find these.
      Elka Suspension
      LEGACY SERIES FRONT & REAR KIT SHOCKS for HONDA TRX250X, All Years
      $ 999.99
      https://us.elkasuspension.com/product/legacy-series-front-rear-kit-shocks-for-honda-trx250x-all-years/
      anyone here use these shocks?and how good are they?
    • By marek porowski
      Hi, I got a check engine light and a diagnostic code 520194 2 and i know it has something to do with throttle voltage out of range
      I'd like to know if thats something that can be adjusted ? Or does anybody know what should i test  ?  I just bought this atv and I'm fixing it as its been in an accident. 
      I also changed throttle leaver as original one was broken and I noticed inside the 4x4 selector assembly there are 2 contacts but I'm not sure if they're suppose to make contact at idle. I found some info online but some are saying they're suppose to touch and some say they're not. I think id depends of the year of the machine but I'm not sure. I'd really appreciate any help that i can get with this
      Thanks