Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ezduzit

???? polaris trail blazer 330 engine locked any thoughts on

picking up atv tomorrow, guys says motor is locked up. he thinks, anyway has been sitting for more than three years. Please understand i have not touched it yet but if his description is accurate im looking for suggestions on freeing it up before  having to tear it down. I'm hoping to get some great info from the pros on Quadcrazy.

Okay. With locked up motors can mean a few things. Stuck piston from no oil. Bad crank. Blown apart trans and so on. Your best bet is to look at the oil that's in it. Look for metal shavings in the oil. That's as simple as taking the drain plug out and fill the bottom of a regular plastic cup and inspect. If that checks out then pour a little bit of oil in the sp hole. Let is soak and move it till it frees up. This might take some time. Third is the dogbone. That might be seized. And 4th. Bad bearings on the crank.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

thanks looking forward to this challenge. i'll follow up once i get it home and begin going thru it . good day!

Let us know if you have questions or need help with anything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a badly seized engine a while ago, leaving diesel to soak in the bores is probably the best advice and then hopefully it should be able to release it, providing there isn't too much water ingress!

Good luck!

Diesel the best? Why not a penetrating lubricanct like pb blaster or such.

If the cylinder is seized bad will it not need new rings as a minimum?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lellwyn Griffin
      Thinking about buy a used 07 Prairie. Any feedback or suggestions on what to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Brenden
      Hi, I just bought a used 1990 warrior and the rear is sagging low like it has a lowering kit but I’m not sure, does anyone know what it could be?

• By cheatmaster300
      I purchased a quad with engine problems. The previous owner had pulled the motor and pulled the valve cover but decided to stop. I have done Arctic Cat top ends before but have never worked on the bottom end so any advise would be appreciated. What I have found so far is the connecting rod bearing is completely gone and some scoring on the jug walls. What i'm wondering is if anybody here has worked on these and if so did you replace all the bearings or just the ones that were for sure bad? Also is the 2006 Suzuki King Quad 700 motor exactly the same? It seems Suzuki parts are a lot cheaper to buy.
    • By Admin
      Yamaha Australia has announced it will discontinue selling Utility ATVs due to new Australian government legislation that requires the mandatory fitment of so-called Operator Protective Devices (OPDs), YMA will not sell utility ATVs after the government compliance deadline of 11 October 2021.
      “The decision to make the fitment of OPDs compulsory is disappointing. The ruling has forced us to withdraw utility ATVs from the Australian market because as a manufacturer we are not willing to gamble with our customers lives by bolting untested devices onto our specifically engineered and designed ATVs,” explains YMA Director Brad Ryan.
      As the market leader in this segment, Yamaha recognises that utility ATVs are an important part of farm operations and will comply with stage one of the new consumer legislation. This includes testing and the fitment of warning labels by Oct 2020. This will ensure that Yamaha ATVs remain available until October 2021.
      After this date customers will not be able to purchase a new Yamaha utility ATV in Australia – but sport and youth models will continue to be available. This is because new sport and fun ATVs do not need to be fitted with OPDs. In addition, side-by-side vehicles (SSVs) are not affected by this ruling, so YMA will support our utility ATV dealers and ease the transition from ATV to AG bike and SSV business.
      “Fortunately, our utility ATV customers can transition to our equally capable lineup of AG bikes and expanding SSV range,” adds YMA Director Brad Ryan.
      Customer safety has always been our priority. YMA has provided market leading rider training and promoted proven safety methods. YMA also helped develop the Shark ATV helmet which is the only fully certified farm safe ATV helmet available. YMA feels so strongly about customer safety that purchasers of new Yamaha utility vehicles will receive a free Shark farm safe helmet valued at $250 while stocks last.
      YMA is also fully committed to customer care via a national dealer network that will continue to service ATVs and with the supply of parts and accessories into the future.
      Source: https://www.dirtaction.com.au/yma-to-discontinue-utility-atvs/
    • By 06kfx440
      So my friend was riding this and all 4 wheels locked up and had to be slid out of the woods. We put it on the trailer and and left it alone thinking it was ice.

So he drove home and as we drug it off the trailer “snap!” Started rolling again. I told him to leave it since it’s rolling and we can figure it out

I’m not close to the machine to try things or even work on it. Buy anyone have an idea. I was thinking ice like mentioned. But nothing was leaking to indicate a broken case or seal. And the fact it rolled just by bouncing on the trailer. Very confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk