Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Derrick Lenz

Need help! 1999 scrambler 500 4x4 issue

So I have a 1999 scrambler 500 4x4 and whenever I give it throttle it starts to big down and when I let it off it dies. Its getting spark and fuel. I replaced the fuel pump. The petcock, the carb, fuel lines, fuel filter. And for electrical I've replaced everything but the rev limiter. I took the srv to get it worked on and the guy set the jets and everything on the carb to where it should be and still no luck. The contacts on the ECM are also not touching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like you replaced a lot of parts and it sounds like its running out of fuel. Did you test spark on high idle? Maybe a faulty coil?

It ended up being my cdi bix when I was trying to replace all the electrical  to get spark before. Noe it runs good just trying to figure out the oil lines on it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Freezeman
      I came across an odd temporary fix for a 1985 yamaha 80 ATV.  It has no spark, yet if I warm the CDI unit up a bit with a heat gun or hair dryer then it fires right up and runs fine until shut off then it returns to no spark until warmed up again. Partzilla shows $217 for a new CDI  
      It's sort of nuts how I found out the fix to warm it up. My old shop TV requires my heat gun warm up around the transformer area every day before it will turn on too.  
    • By Mike Iadonixi
      Hi my son has a 2000 Polaris trail boss 325 it has no lights will not start unless pulled or i jump it the battery is good there is a new starter switch on it too any suggestions thank you for any help
    • By dirtybear00
      Hi guys I am new here. Not new to ATV s. I have a 2000 Yamaha big bear foot shift with no spark Looking for manual to down load any tips on where to find one or links be great thanks from Canada  
    • By Lellwyn Griffin
      I am looking for pictures of your carburetors, specifically looking for what type and where the hoses go on the red circles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Kelby 746
      I have a 1987-89 (not sure on the year) Kawasaki bayou 300 that has electrical issues, I have replaced the entire harness with a proven good/used one, new CDI box, and two brand new coils, problem is that it tests no charge at the pickup coil, so I replaced and tested again with a so called good one that had been salvaged out of a blown up 220/250 (not sure which, the left side cover is smaller than my 300) in Missouri. It has a proven good OEM stator. I am trying to avoid buying a new start and pickup coil because it is so expensive so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Brian Simmons
      The battery was gone when I bought the 90 .There are 7 wires 3 red 1 white ,1 black , 1 green and 1blue  . 1 red and 1 white are connected with connector like it`s suppose to go to the battery . I think it`s called an eye connector it`s round and has a hole in the center . So it can be bolted to the battery  and the same with the black wire  the one  black 1 has a connector on it that looks like it goes to the battery . that leaves me with 2 red wires , 1 green wire and 1 blue wire !!! Can anyone help me with a diagram of how the wiring goes to the battery on my 2002 Polaris Scrambler 90 ??? Please help me with this my e-mail address is [email protected] Pl
      Please help me with this . Thank you , Brian
    • By Aaron Ruiz
      Hey I'm new to the Forum but I just wanted to talk about my Scrambler I just picked up and when I first picked it up I thought it was okay but after I got home and everything I noticed it's very hard to shift into drive neutral reverse it is possible to shift into those gears but it's very stiff like and it takes a lot for it to actually engage to move forward. In Drive when I press on the gas it takes a while for it to actually start moving in the RPMs go up before it starts moving I inspected the belt it looks fine to me I checked the transmission fluid and it was low so I put some. I just hope transmission is not out just curious if you guys have any ideas
    • By mike rhoades
      View File Polaris 1996-1998 ATV Light Utility Service Manual
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
      Submitter mike rhoades Submitted 03/02/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By mike rhoades
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
    • By charliedawg
      would u need to rejet carb or get different carb it just bogs and backfires doers anyone know whats the problem