Quantcast

Linhai 300 idle speed

My guess is that bike should idle at about 800 to 1000 rpm warm and 1200 at maybe a choke position. If it’s reving high after it warms up you can make an adjustment on the carburetor or intake if it’s fuel injected. 

7500 would be the maximum  revolution limit where the cdi would go into safety mode and shut down. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Have you tried to put the old one back to see if it does the same thing ? 

My feeling is whatever is going on will be a dead short so take a deep breathe and let’s start looking  over things to see if there is a wire shorted out someplace or a faulty ignition connection etc.  What’s the set up ? How May wires are plug in and how many are bolt up.  There has to be a dead short someplace here. 

• Like 1

It was starting and running with old one just unplugged ,I can't get any spark at all now plugged old one back in and doesn't blow fuse but still no spark the new ones were cheap Chinese ones but both did same thing I will try check wiring and then perhaps try cdi thanks for input frank

Do you have the acceptable range shown in the manual for ohms on the pick up coil ? 

My guess is possibly the cdi sh** the bed when you used the cheap rectifier. Something caused a dead short. 

OEM always when it comes to the cdi and the rectifier.   The stator you can get away with but I’ve never had any luck with the cheap parts like a cdi and or regulator/rectifier.   

That could be a solenoid, a dirty plug or connection, switch contacts etc.  Nothing burnt up though right ? Fuses were all good prior to the rectifier swap out ? Nothing happened to the bike? Got banged? Any service work done that could have resulted in a pinched wire ? Check along the neck of the bike on the front end where everything comes up to the controls. I would think you should also unplug, clean and add dialectic grease to the connections as well because this honestly could be something along those lines. 

Hey Gary, I was looking through your wiring diagram and highlighted a few things. 

Please verify that I’m looking at the right diagram please. 

As a side note have you tested your stator coil to see that it’s not dead shorted. Reason I’m asking is based on your wiring diagram it looks as the stator goes directly to the regulator/rectifier. So I would unplug the stator and do a quick test from each phase to ground and see if you get any sort of continuity on the tester. You shouldn’t get any reading from any of them yellow wires to ground. If so there a problem within the stator. You can also unplug the stator and try the regulator again and see if it blows a fuse.

Then if that checks out ok I would disconnect the battery and put one lead of the tester to the ground and start touching various parts of the red (hot wire) that comes from the fuse block going to the regulator as well as other areas that carry a 12v hot lead looking for a short.  So make sure your tester is on continuity/ohms setting. I like to use a tester that beeps when there is continuity. 

Also test the starter wire, starter relay and the line going back to the battery to ground for continuity. This way you eliminated everything that could be a short leaving only a fault in the cdi.

lastly the third pic I circled the on off switch in blue it appears the wire is listed as “P” so maybe (purple?)   it comes from the on/off switch and if it’s disconnected it appears it will isolate the cdi unit from the rest of the system. So try to find that wire around the kill switch and unplug it. Install the new rectifier and see if the fuse pops. 

Im in and out of WiFi so if I don’t get back right away I’m out of range. 

Let me know.

good luck   

A03A715A-F591-4F93-B265-1F7609755D65.jpeg

3F24B01C-C98E-48B6-881B-1DEE2D42016B.jpeg

D977BD0A-6BFB-46F6-AD5A-D4A4F715BF35.jpeg

• Thanks 1