Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Hi all - new here.

Just getting into ATVs, & can't find enough info to make an informed decision. I want a 500, 4X4, auto, shaft drive, IFS, 4 wheel disc brakes, & the AC seems to be my best bet. Does the AC use belts within its case?

I guess I'm looking for firsthand experience w/ the AC ATVs - no "I know this guy that knew this guy that had problems" internet forum stuff. I'm very mech inclined, so am confident I can fix anything that might break. I'll add a winch & little else.

I'll mostly use it for trail riding, to follow my little wild man around on his ATV, but would like one I won't have to worry about abusing if the opportunity presents itself. There's a club not too far from my house & I know most of the guys there. Some have "heard" that the ACs aren't worth my time, but I'd rather hear someone's personal experience over second hand info.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a 2006 250 Arctic Cat 2wd, and I haven't found anything it couldn't do for me when I tried! I don't know much about it technically, but I can handle Sand dunes and desert terrain equally well. I mostly ride with little kids though, (mine) so I haven't pushed it real hard.

Arctic Cats are the way to go i own a 2003 400 4x4. What a machine there isn't anything i would change on it. But if u are just going to ride on the trails that would be fine with stock tires, but if u are gunna take it through some mud pits i suggest getting different tires. They are built very well and the ground clearance is amazing compared to everything else. Great work horses as well.

The main thing I would be worried about is if there is anyone in your area that will work on em. The only place that sells them in my area is Bass Pro Shop but they don't work on em.

I have no personal exp. with them but everything I have heard is great. I do know that they are a very solid machine, and they are towards the top of the food chain in 4x4 racing. If there is a Gander Mountain anywhere they sell and service them.

Hi all - new here.

Just getting into ATVs, & can't find enough info to make an informed decision. I want a 500, 4X4, auto, shaft drive, IFS, 4 wheel disc brakes, & the AC seems to be my best bet. Does the AC use belts within its case?

I guess I'm looking for firsthand experience w/ the AC ATVs - no "I know this guy that knew this guy that had problems" internet forum stuff. I'm very mech inclined, so am confident I can fix anything that might break. I'll add a winch & little else.

I'll mostly use it for trail riding, to follow my little wild man around on his ATV, but would like one I won't have to worry about abusing if the opportunity presents itself. There's a club not too far from my house & I know most of the guys there. Some have "heard" that the ACs aren't worth my time, but I'd rather hear someone's personal experience over second hand info.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The one thing that stands out about Artic Cats is the suspension. They definately have a beefed up set up. I've ridden a 500 CC and found it to be very stiff. I like comfort and this is why I went with a King Quad. The Arctic Cat is also easier to rollover from what I have seen, sits high.