Quantcast

Comparing 1991 Honda TRX 250 X to A 2019 Honda TRX 250 X

Age  is all mind over matter! If you don’t  mind it don’t matter!!!!! Lol. 
But to be honest I feel the same way. All my friends have 600’s,700’s and 800’s etc, I love my 420 as it’s plenty fast. One thing I’m really interested in though is independent suspension. I am seriously thinking about a newer machine with independent suspension but that’s maybe next year. Need to flip a few more bikes since I like the fact that all the newer bikes I have are all purchased with money from buying, fixing and selling older atv’s.  But anyway not to get off topic I like both of the machines you have and you take good care of your older one and I’m sure you’ll do the same with the newer one. Keep up the good work and ride safe guys. 
Keep the pics and the outings/rides coming. 

• Like 1

I ride like I'm 20,I just do not want to get hurt.

plus I noticed that her new one weighs more than mine,and a few times this past weekend we had to move them around after we went over some stumps,and I'm telling you,I like my lighter weight one,and that 700 is even more weight to be picking up!

we mostly ride the quad trails,so speed is not a big issue,you can only go so Fast!

but then there are those times when we are on the open trail,ans I do like to open it up.

still undecided at the moment,wife says do what you want....I think she has an extra life insurance policy on Me!

14 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Haha that’s great, well I would t worry unless she ups the life insurance policy! 

Start to worry   if she  starts looking a  singles vacation in exotic places  :D

My  old 1991  Honda  Fourtax 300FW  goes  fast enough for me. There's very  few places we can really open them  up  here anyway , but lots of places we  can get into  lots of trouble . the   winch on front  has  helped many times. I  usually run  tail  end  Charlie  with friends that  only  have 2wd .  They  go  ahead  and when  mired  down  I pull them  back  out   LOL.

I'm  glad that  at  76  I  still bounce fairly well if I take a tumble.  Would like to  get a side by side so  my  dog  can ride  shotgun  with me ,  but they're  a bit  too expensive . Maybe  next year  if I sell  here  for a good price, buy in the interior  and  have enough left over  after the move .

Edited by davefrombc
  • Like 1

I  have friends in the  100 mile / Canim  Lake  area , but my  daughter is in Kelowna. My sister , niece , nephew  and their  families are in the  Shuswap around Sorrento. Stepson  is in Kamloops  and oldest granddaughter is in Pritchard.  I'm  looking at   someplace close to  Kelowna ,  out towards Vernon..  

For   all   our  American  riders ,  this  is all  great open  country with mainly  rolling  hills , much of it  hot  and desert dry in summer.  Not a  whole lot of snow in winter with moderate temperatures equivalent to  USDA  zones  5 and 6.  Here   on the coast  the Fraser Valley is  flat  farm land with the surrounding  mountains  pretty densely  forested  and logging roads  closer to  goat trails. A  lot of them  are  not much more than  one narrow lane wide  and in many places  you  don't want to  go  off the road .. Some slopes have  nearly a 1,000 ft.  vertical drop from the road to the valley  below. Still lots of places to explore though. Riding is  mostly unrestricted.  ATVs need to  be registered  and  carry liability insurance but  most  riding is unrestricted  on where we can  go. Not a  lot  of having to  stick to  designated trails in BC.

• Like 1

Sorry if we hijacked your thread Rich! The Honda's are definitely cool - my favourited brand too. Just thought I'd mention that I too have a daughter in Kelowna Dave! My son lives in the states now, Portland, Oregon which is a pretty cool spot and has some great riding areas. We're pretty spoiled here in the Cariboo, I live on 15 acres that backs onto Crown (public) land that goes forever it seems. Hardly any neighbours or fences, plenty of lakes & clean air plus it's only 2 hours to a city like Kamloops or 4 hr. to the coast where Dave lives. My place is at around 4000' elevation so winter comes early and stays late most years, sledding is very popular too. If anyone is curious, let me know and I can give you a tour of this great area!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...