Quantcast

PROJECT 2!: Blaster

hey again!

my buddy was going to buy an atv and found a blaster.

not sure what year but its only kick start.

it has no compression so we will be working on it too!

so when were done both of us will have quads!

this project isnt so much making faster as it is just getting it going!

ill post pics of it soon..

its pretty nice..we are going to check the vin for years later this week.

he hasnt got it yet. but he got it for 500$!

its in nice shape body wise. no cracks in the plastic and everything.

lets hear some input on this one!

Your rings are shot. The rings are not springing outward, when this happens there is no way for it to make a complete seal. Buy a top end rebuild kit, take the cylinder to a machine shop and they will clean it up or resleave it. What ever needs to be done. Put it back together. It is that easy on my dirt bike anyways. Make sure the kit comes with rings and all the gaskets. The one for the CR500 cost $149.00 That would be my first guess. If anyone else has any other ideas, please step in!

thanx bot! your always a help!

btw this project will continue after repaired.

my buddy wants to hop it up a little too.

i told him toomey B1 kit

good choice?

:biggrin:

i put a top in on a blaster about two years ago and had 80 bucks into.. a few hours and was breaking it in... and all blasters are kick start.... very easy to work on... if your not sure on what you are doing or its your first time going into the motor i would recommend that you get the service manual.. it will show you everything you need to know in detail... good luck man...

Is there a decompressor on that engine?I've seen several on 4 strokes but I'm unfamiliar with the 2 strokes.I would think that if there is a decompressor on it and it was froze/broken spring/out of time that could contribute to the easy movement of the kickstarter.I found a site that has oem and generic(Clymer and Haynes)service manuals called Repair Manual Catalog Online - RepairManual.com I got an oem manual for my DVX for about $30 shipped in about a week and a half.Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By BenJammin
      I did a compression test on my 2005 Bombardier Traxter 650 CVT and it's 75 PSI.  service manual only talks about leak down test.  No specification for engine compression the manual.  What does 75 PSI tell me?  Thank in advance.

A little history of this machine.  640 miles.  Picked it up about 2 years ago, not running. Probably the computer.  Tested all circuits and confirm it was the computer.  Long story short, I watched a Youtube video and fixed the computer. ATV now started and runs.  BUT, it tops out 20 MPH.  I cleaned the carb 3 times also using a Mikuni carb kit after the second time.  Slide in carb is going up and down.  Only adjustment for fuel is at 1.5 turns out.  NGK Sparkplug had soot on main part but brown on the electrode.  Champion sparkplug is brown.  I check CVT clutches and they both appear to engage like they suppose to.  Checked valve clearance it's 0.00, I can't get any feeler gauges in-between.  I check timing chain I believe it's in the correct position and hasn't skipped.  I removed muffler plug and drilled into muffler to try and make sure it wasn't plugged.
    • By Clydaho
      2022 Sector 550, 414 miles on it and the gas gauge reads empty.  I topped off the gas and it didn't change.
      There is no fuse that I could find.  No access at the gauge cluster.
      Wiring on the top of the tank looks good, properly connected.
      Could the sending unit in the tank be stuck or broken?
      Has anybody removed the tank lid?  Any tricks?  
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks for any help,
      Clyde
    • By mehim
      Hi everyone. 
      Let me explain the thread title. 
      My husband and I are very active in the nudist community, and we have stayed at many and most of the mainstream nudist and clothing optional campgrounds in the USA. We are now approaching our retirement and would like to start a podcast to share those off the road / backwoods / little known camping areas where nudity is allowed. We have purchased a 5th wheel camping trailer with a rear garage for the ATV and now need some good reports on the one to buy. 
      We are most interested in a side by side unit but would love to get your thoughts. 
      Feel free to stop by and say Hi and ask anything you would like to better understand what we are looking for in an offroad unit. 
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you. 

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.