Quantcast

Doubt Rear hand brake and Reverse function (Restoration bayou 220 in Brasil)

Hello,

I am restoring a bayou 220 here in Brazil, I have a question regarding the rear brake activated by the lever on the left side. The ex-owner connected it in place of the reverse cable and as this is incorrect, could someone show me through pictures where I correctly connect the rear brake cable?

Another thing, every time you reverse, is it necessary to activate the reverse key?

image.png

Isn't the reverse cable activated by a turn knob right by your left knee when seated?  If that's not there, you could always find the reverse lockout by tracing the cable back to the motor and add a zip tie or fab a bracket to keep it pulled all the time so you can downshift to reverse without any lockout needed.  However, be careful doing that.  If it's rolling forward enough and thrown in reverse it can break the rear ujoint or worse.

also, the rear brake cable is irrelevant as the foot brake works the same lever on the rear drum.  The front brake lever is the only one that really matters.  Unless you just want it to work because it should since you're doing a resto.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, MarkinAR said:

Isn't the reverse cable activated by a turn knob right by your left knee when seated?  If that's not there, you could always find the reverse lockout by tracing the cable back to the motor and add a zip tie or fab a bracket to keep it pulled all the time so you can downshift to reverse without any lockout needed.  However, be careful doing that.  If it's rolling forward enough and thrown in reverse it can break the rear ujoint or worse.

also, the rear brake cable is irrelevant as the foot brake works the same lever on the rear drum.  The front brake lever is the only one that really matters.  Unless you just want it to work because it should since you're doing a resto.

the reverse cable is really missing, at first i will continue using it with the rear brake lever, in case it gets too expensive to bring to brazil i will adapt a bicycle gear lever because from what i saw it will work well. the previous owner took some things and didn’t take good care of him, so I’ve been investigating what things were missing from him and what he needs to do

On 2/20/2021 at 1:00 AM, Ajmboy said:

The manual may help 😁

the forum here is great, it has helped me a lot in the research I have done, many posts that are very relevant. Today I found a 300 4x2 bayou near here with a good price, I am thinking of buying it and when I get the 200 to sell it. they are great quads because of what the owners who own here in Brazil told me, most of them only do preventive maintenance, this is taking good care of

Edited by BrunoNogueira91

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not really @Khanh845, the former owner adapted it to the rear brake lever, but I'm going to make an adaptation here so that I can use the rear brake normally. There is a bicycle gear shifter that I think would do, it is in two positions and I can put it in the same location as the key, so I can bring the piece to Brazil, the value is very high and it pays to adapt it ...

With that I'm continuing the restoration here, this time it's the recoil starter that is missing the internal parts and with that I'm researching to make one more adaptation, the parts are difficult to get from what I'm seeing, so I get some photos I'll send here :D