schef

Newbie from TX

9 posts in this topic

Well, new to the forum but not new to ATVs. I've been on ATVs for the better part of my 25 years. It started out with a Honda Big Reg ATC shortly after I could walk. I later graduated to a Yamaha Warrior. That was my first exposure to sport quads. The Warrior was swapped out for a Honda Rincon when it became clear that welding a hitch to the warrior and calling it a utility quad wouldn't cut it.

The Rincon was a great ATV that I still have around as the utility and toy for the mud. One of the best trips it took was the Silverton Colorado area. Awesome country:

IMG_0314.JPG

I then had an itch to get back into the sport world. I bought a Bombardier DS650X back in 2005. The quad has been great to me. I managed to bend all 4 wheels the first day I had it at the MX track. Turns out I have a photo from that day... I probably didn't bend them on this jump but one of them:

steal%20horse.jpg

All patched up with new wheels:

LG7O0714.jpg

The most memorable trip the DS has taken was a week long ride on the Hatfield McCoy trail system. Best was this shot one of the guys managed to get. That's me at the bottom after rolling a few yards down the mountain... a true testament to my riding skill :skeptic:

DSC01223.JPG

I've also been involved in photography for several years. That's about it... glad to be here.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You got some nice pics, welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard schef! I'm glad I posted the link to those pics over at ATVOutdoors! These are some great pictures you have here, I can tell you are a photographer.

I noticed you are an Admin over there. Looks like you are a seosoned poster and any board would benefit from your input!

Welcome aboard schef! I'm glad I posted the link to those pics over at ATVOutdoors! These are some great pictures you have here, I can tell you are a photographer.

I noticed you are an Admin over there. Looks like you are a seosoned poster and any board would benefit from your input!

I'm not as active in the ATV world as I have been. I started ATV Outdoors back in 2002 but I've spent the last year and a half away from the ATV world after passing ownership on to another individual. I still have admin status on the site but that's more of a symbolic role more than anything else.

But it's time to start dusting off the quads that haven't been ridden in a few months and put them to use.

Welcome schef!!! Great pix! Glad you found us.

awesome picturessssssss and welcome to the site :) :)

Followed schef over here from the other forum. Glad you posted that thread ajmboy

Names Sam, been riding for about 10 years, I got an old beat up AC 400 from 2000. I'm on the market for a new cat, been seeing some dealers drop prices because there having trouble selling.

This site has some cool features and activities. Great site!!

-Sam

Welcome Sam, any questions ask myself or any other mod.

Yes welcome! Glad your here!