Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mikenacarato

removing TORS on blaster

Oh, I'm learning something new. Is this something that all quads have. I've heard of the overide thing on quads with reverse. What does it do? Is that the thing that eliminates the rev limiter in reverse?

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

the Throttle Over Ride System. It kills the motor if u take your thumb off of the throttle it's for saftey so if u fall off it will kill the motor for yua, like on a banshee and blaster theres a ground wire on the thumb throttle that when the thumb lever hits it, it grounds out and kills the motor.

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

yea the hole drilling thing was not fun but it was worth it, Just becarefull when drilling!!

i think the tors is crap...all it dose is f**k stuff up were you cant rev at all, i had to deal with the tors on my new blasty to day...

i think the tors is crap...all it dose is f**k stuff up were you cant rev at all, i had to deal with the tors on my new blasty to day...

yea the TORS is a pain in the ass:yes:

has anyone here used a reed spacer on there quad if so, how much more of a low end power did u notice? and it there much of a top end power loss??

i want to know before i buy one my self THANKS!!

has anyone here used a reed spacer on there quad if so, how much more of a low end power did u notice? and it there much of a top end power loss??

i want to know before i buy one my self THANKS!!

reed spacer??

reed spacer??

yea it goes on 2 stroke quads it is made to move the powerband more tords the lower end. It goes between the intake and reed cage.

yea it goes on 2 stroke quads it is made to move the powerband more tords the lower end. It goes between the intake and reed cage.

oh thanks im not so smart when it comes to 2 strokes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Ordered a new trailer

Well I finally decided on the trailer to fit my needs , i decided on the “ Yutrax “ trailer, watched a few good reveiws on it , reasonable price , I ordered it online through my local tractor supply. Hauling brush, and general on the property use , its for offroad only ,looks like a great trailer for chores on property

By Airborne, in ATV Trailers, Haulers, and Attachments

• 5 replies
    • Blaster build.

So I have a lot of free time in the winter and 2 yrs ago decided I wanted atvs but can’t afford them without getting my hands dirty. $90 to get told my banshee jetted taught me a lesson, just figure it out. So I picked up 2 blasters $125. Rebuilt yellows engine. Blue had full tear down.

By Quadtriumph, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • 2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 front drive axle removal

Anyone know how to get the front axle out of the front diff 03 kawasaki prairie 650 one side just pulled out the other side being the left I can not get out.

By hangingon, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 10 replies
    • '98 Xpress 300 won't engage in forward after secondary clutch removal

Hi, Last year my son received a 98 Xpress 300 as a gift from his uncle. It worked fine, except the starter didn't work and it grinds in reverse. Reverse isn't important, but he purchased a starter and we just finished putting it in. We had a lot of trouble getting the secondary clutch off (I bought pullers for both clutches) but it finally popped off after shortening the puller and filling the hole with grease. It was tight enough that the puller actually flattened a bit on the end of the spindle. In an effort to get the puller out, we actually took the clutch apart to potentially heat the shaft, but ended up getting it out with a BIG impact gun. We put the secondary back together on the 2-1 setting and put it all back together. Without realizing it, when we were first working to pull the secondary we had it in gear. Once we realized it we put it in neutral and blocked the secondary. It was substantially harder to get off than any clutch I've ever pulled from a snowmobile... It was my first time pulling one on an ATV. Now the problem we have is it doesn't seem to engage in forward gear. When we put it in reverse, it stops the secondary when it engages (as I would expect) and still grinds when going backwards, though not quite as bad as before. When we put it in forward the secondary just continues to spin with virtually no resistance. I can see the primary engage and pull the belt into the secondary, but it does not seem to engage the gears. If we push the lever forward we do hear some clicking. It's almost as if it is out of alignment, but having never worked on the gearboxes I thought I'd ask for advice before I started adjusting anything. With how hard we had to turn the puller to get the secondary off, could we have bent or caused something to be misaligned? The boy is really disappointed right now and itching to keep working on it, but I really wasn't sure where to go next. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Will

By Will Trepanier, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2003 Kawasaki Bayou 250 stator removal?

How to take off the generator to get to the fly wheel,I know I need a special tool,where can I buy the tool,thanks,are if anyone know how to get it off please tell me how!

By ktown12, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 4 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content