Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mikenacarato

removing TORS on blaster

Oh, I'm learning something new. Is this something that all quads have. I've heard of the overide thing on quads with reverse. What does it do? Is that the thing that eliminates the rev limiter in reverse?

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

the Throttle Over Ride System. It kills the motor if u take your thumb off of the throttle it's for saftey so if u fall off it will kill the motor for yua, like on a banshee and blaster theres a ground wire on the thumb throttle that when the thumb lever hits it, it grounds out and kills the motor.

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

yea the hole drilling thing was not fun but it was worth it, Just becarefull when drilling!!

i think the tors is crap...all it dose is f**k stuff up were you cant rev at all, i had to deal with the tors on my new blasty to day...

i think the tors is crap...all it dose is f**k stuff up were you cant rev at all, i had to deal with the tors on my new blasty to day...

yea the TORS is a pain in the ass:yes:

has anyone here used a reed spacer on there quad if so, how much more of a low end power did u notice? and it there much of a top end power loss??

i want to know before i buy one my self THANKS!!

has anyone here used a reed spacer on there quad if so, how much more of a low end power did u notice? and it there much of a top end power loss??

i want to know before i buy one my self THANKS!!

reed spacer??

reed spacer??

yea it goes on 2 stroke quads it is made to move the powerband more tords the lower end. It goes between the intake and reed cage.

yea it goes on 2 stroke quads it is made to move the powerband more tords the lower end. It goes between the intake and reed cage.

oh thanks im not so smart when it comes to 2 strokes

when you got rid of the tors on your blaster did it add any power what so ever or is it just simply a throttle shut off thing?

when you got rid of the tors on your blaster did it add any power what so ever or is it just simply a throttle shut off thing?

u dont gain or loose any power it is just a kill switch. it grounds the motor out when u release the thumb throttle.

people just LOVE to remove them even tho there are very few problems with em.

As I recall it's a new carb cap and throttle cable, plus some wiring instructions.

When in doubt, read the instructions again! If still in doubt, call the 800 number, especially when drilling holes in the carb!

Did they tell you to install a slide stop? That involves tapping a hole in aluminum as well. I think that's why most Blasters still have the TORS installed haha.

How about 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' there's no performance improvement by removing it.....Let us know how it goes!:wink:

(certified yam tec)The TORS is there in-case the throttle cable freezes up, if there is no presure on the thumb lever(you let off the gass) and the cable does not release(its froze up), the spark wil be cut.