Quantcast

Trail Pass - ATV trail system

About TrailPass

A first of it's kind, TrailPass™ is a private company, supported solely by it's riders, clubs and dealers. TrailPass™ works with OHV clubs, landowners and local municipalities to bring you the finest riding available - all on one network.

When you purchase your TrailPass™ you will receive a TrailPass™ member ID card. Made of PVC plastic, like a credit card, your ID card is to be displayed on your person when you are on the trail. Your TrailPass™ ID Card has your rider number which allows you online access to detailed trailmaps, driving directions to each trail, and priority pre-registration for rides and events.

*TrailPass™ price is $75 when purchased at your local dealer, passes purchased online cost $85. For a dealer you or the trails click here.

History

TrailPass™ is an idea that was born out of a simple question asked by one ATV consumer in the fall of 2002. Chris Connelly, President of TrailPass, LLC, purchased his new utility quad to plow the driveway to his new home near Lake George, NY. After one light snow, Chris discovered what every ATV enthusiast knows; these things are way more fun in the woods than on a driveway!

Chris eagerly proceeded back to the dealership where he purchased his new toy. He went to his salesman and asked the “big question”, “Where are all the trails around here?” The salesman looked like a kid that had just been caught with his hands in the cookie jar. After a few minutes of explaining how there were not technically any “legal” places to ride and in a hushed tone said “The guys here ride some places locally, but if I tell you and you get caught it could be real trouble for us here.” Chris had heard enough, “Is that really the answer you want to give me after I just spent eight thousand dollars here?” The salesman looked him dead in the eye and said, “No, I’d like to tell you that there are loads of places and hand you a map!” It was at this very moment that TrailPass™ was officially a twinkle in someone’s eye.

Conventional wisdom pointed Chris towards working with state organizations and clubs to fight for public lands to be opened or re-opened for the sport. A month or so into the process, he asked one more seemingly easy question, “Do we really have a shot at getting these trails open?” The answer was simple and to the point – NO “But we have to keep up the fight.” Chris found, upon further investigation, that not only were trails not likely to get open, they had been trying it this way for more than a decade – and lost trails! “Following” was clearly not an option.

Four years later, TrailPass™ is the country’s first and largest privately owned and funded multi-state ATV trail network with hundred miles of trail, covering more than a dozen states and boasting thousands of riders. OHV Purchasing Group, LLC, the parent company of TrailPass, LLC has created a one-of-a-kind Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy issued through one of the most respected names in motor sports insurance that covers all TrailPass, LLC operations, all affiliated clubs, parks, as well as, landowners and municipalities that provide the land for the trails. In a time when everybody said insurance was not or could not be available for ATV recreation – TrailPass™ again chose to make it happen.

TrailPasses are sold primarily through ATV dealers, however you can also buy them online, through some local ATV clubs, and at many of the trailheads. With the purchase a single pass per machine, you can ride any of the trails in the network for 12 months.

TrailPass, LLC is made up of a modest staff and hundreds of volunteers from ATV clubs around the state. A Director of Operations, Chief Forester, Director of Clubs and Lands, and Inside Salesperson make up the team leadership. “It is quite a group, everyone gives 110% and loves to do it”, says Erin O’Neill, Chief Forester for the company.

Local ATV clubs provide the lion’s share of volunteer labor and receive funding and insurance directly from TrailPass™ for managing the trails. Trails are located on private property where the landowners have given specific permission for the club and TrailPass™ holders to ride.

There are trails to suit any riding style, from a small family oriented trails, to more challenging mountain summits. Recently several trails with more than 60 miles each have come online boasting some of the most spectacular riding in the Northeast. Many trailheads now offer camping and other amenities for our riders. Several local businesses, including hotels and restaurants, now provide discounts and other incentives to TrailPass™ holders.

TrailPass™ has trails for off road enthusiasts that are open year round. Trails that we share with the snowmobile clubs will close during the snow season. Hunting seasons or scheduled special events may also dictate when an individual riding area is open or closed.

Click HERE for the trail system maps

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this thread. Here the region breakdown for TrailPass:

TrailPass - <b>TRAILS</b>

About TrailPass™

About us

A first of it's kind, TrailPass™ is a private company, supported solely by it's riders, sponsors and dealers. TrailPass™ works with private riding areas, landowners, clubs and local municipalities to bring you the finest riding available - all on one network.

When you purchase your TrailPass™ you will receive a TrailPass™ member ID card. Made of PVC plastic, like a credit card, your ID card is to be presented at the riding area or trailhead. Your TrailPass™ ID Card has your rider number which allows you online access to detailed trailmaps, driving directions to each trail, and priority pre-registration for rides and events.

*TrailPass™ price is $50 when purchased at your local dealer, passes purchased online cost $60. For a dealer you or the trails click here.

• 3 months later...