Quantcast

2007 Polaris 500 Scrambler

p5200

I am assuming you are talking about the Polaris 500 Scrambler.  This is what I know about it, it is considered one of the best ATVs Polaris ever made. The early ones from 95 to about 2001 were recalled for electrical problems, mostly 400s. The 500s were double overhead cam engines with a screaming top speed of 70 MPH.  

• Admin changed the title to 2007 Polaris 500 Scrambler

Got some photos last. Having a flooding problem with carb so he's going to look into that Sunday. After sitting for 2 years I guess that could be expected. They put a new battery on it yesterday. Had to unplug wire from cdi to kill switch to get more than one spark from spark plug. Started up then but, is flooding. I plan to get an OEM rebuild kit for the carb later.

20230405_201759.jpg

20230405_201731.jpg

20230405_201701.jpg

20230405_200819.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, he said he did a little racing with it. He said it would hit 71-72mph I said not with me on it lol! I think one of the photos has one of his dune buggies he built in the background. He started it up and boy, was it loud inside of his shop. I think I will get some new tires made more for trail.

I found out this is an 05 not 07 but, it was an honest mistake. Yes, I will for sure be cautious. I lost a 16 year old grandson about 5 years ago to a 4 wheeler accident. My daughter worries about me now since I've decided to start riding. Myself I plan to get a helmet just to be on the safe side.

• Sad 1

Yeah, haven't had a drink of any kind of alcohol in about 30 years. But, when I did drink I probably drank enough whisky for 3 people lol! Health got so bad my body rejected it. I may go with my grandson Sunday, to see if I can be of any assistance. He and his dad are going to take the carb off and go through it. His dad is my ex son-in-law who is the one I'm buying it from.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a 2008 scrambler 500 and live out in the middle of no where surrounded by woods and corn fields and this is by far the best quad i have owned for the terrain i live in. i have taken it in some pretty dense woods trees down everywhere and this quad got me home. i was literally climbing over logs every 10 feet threw a creek twice. yeah itwas a rough day and thought forsure i was going to be done and stuck in some woods i wasnt familiar with. with a 600 l. machine died in the water but nope. hell it has got me out of everything i have put it in and trust me i dont just go out putting around. the thing is a beast. no i do have more money tied up in it then what i got in my daily drive. i no i wont get back the money ive put into it  but its built for me and  how i want it,the.

trans issue ive had was a wore out dog gear and that happenrd shortly after i bought it and since i had trans out i rebuilt it, eith all new parts. i also upgraded the primary clutch to a comet 104 clutch. i also put a stage 2 jet kit, slip on fmf pipe1, new aggresive tire made a big difference, new carrier bearing 3x ive come to find out no matter what i do my carrier gets loose after a couple days of ridini tighten the set screw and everything still does it. added 2500 ib winch new led lights and more thats what cmes to mind right now. but i would say they difinitely hold up well in wooded terrain and would100 percent recommend every and any body to buy one 

This is great review that will help many others looking to buy one, thanks for sharing. I understand putting more in them than they are worth I do it every time I fix one, descent parts are so expensive, I look at it with the same regard as you, if im going to do it im going to do it the best I can, because its something I want to use and I want it right. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By dvs1961
      Just bought a new hisun ,been shopping for a year or more for a sxs   best bang for the buck...Are there any lift kits out there for a 2022 Hisun 750 sector ? links thanks

• By Spritee1
      polaris 2008 50 outlaw automatic: got the 50 for free. would only run with chock on, replaced the carburator with new. I can't get the unit to an idle where the machine doesn't move forward. if I do get it to idle down within a few moments it will die. got something to try?
    • By dlw
      i have a 2016 kymco uxv 700i and i am having issues with transmission. it makes a horrible noise in 2 wheel and wont move. it will move in 4 wheel but still makes noise. has anyone had this same issue?
    • By ericggg
      Hi, all 
      I have a 2010 Honda try 420 at and I'm having an issue with the transmission.  Every now and then the while riding the transmission goes into neutral or stays in gear high or low.  Recently while riding it stayed in 4th gear, had to come to a stop and rock it back and forth and it want back to first.  Did any one have similar issues and what can be the diagnosis to this problem and is it worth fixing.  I called the Honda atv dealer and told them what happened and they said it's going to be $2000-$3000 to fix that seems crazy.  Any help or idea will be greatly appreciated.  
      Thank you all