ok guys, just started tearing down the bike on tuesday after work and i was quit surprized at how much i got done in a 2 hrs. got all the plastics off and removed the motor. And also got some air craft cleaner and started to spray down the frame so i can repaint it. I was shocked to see how many different colors wer beneith the top layer of paint. Ther was a range from black, blue, yellow, and purple for the frame; and the shocks had about three different colors painted over them to. After spraying it down i noticed the front wheels changed colors to. I was excited on this one cause i found out the guy before sprayed the wheels silver and i have the old school gold wheels and hubs.

i'm tryin to upload the pics right now but photobucket is being a d#*sh. But as soon as i upload them i'll post up the progress so far

Edited by gt5094stang

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Looks like a good project... Its amazing what a little paint and cleaning will do... But i dont think its a LT250r... the 250r's were 2 stroke...

it is a 2 stroke, but anyway it is a project indeed and i'm lookin forward to getting it running. (not running when i got it :) )

it is a 2 stroke, but anyway it is a project indeed and i'm lookin forward to getting it running. (not running when i got it :) )

I dont think so??? There is no expansion chamber!! Looks like a 230 4 stroke...

Edited by jigolbeep

I dont think so??? There is no expansion chamber!! Looks like a 230 4 stroke...

X2 I see no chamber.

lol i just realized that, it is a 4 stroke but anyways i have a few more pics i'll post up in a few

It doesn't appear to be in too bad of shape. You can definitely make that thing bad arse.

Guest roach

that thing is a four poke turd. that must be the quadsport cause that is not the quadracer

Yep that is a 230 Quadsport. I don't know what year but I will guess early 80s.

Edited by Sc0tt

heres the latest updated pics of the LT250 rebuild

CIMG1747.jpg

CIMG1749.jpg

CIMG1751.jpg

CIMG1755.jpg

CIMG1753.jpg

CIMG1752.jpg

CIMG1756.jpg

CIMG1757.jpg

CIMG1759.jpg

CIMG1760.jpg

CIMG1761.jpg

Edited by gt5094stang

Good job, you got that thing all apart. It'll be nice when you are done!

i really like the plastics great the block blue look great and the black and silver frame are awesome. what kinda paint are u using

Yeah it is looking good keep us up to date on it.

that thing is a four poke turd. that must be the quadsport cause that is not the quadracer

I am a two stroke lover myself, but there is no need to be like that here, if you want to bash 4-strokes, go to E2S.

I think this thread belongs in the project room.
Sounds good , so consider it moved.

That is an LT 230 S not an LT 250 R, so I changed the name of the thread accordingly. I used to have one of those, mine was an '86, my first "grown-up" quad, I loved that thing. I came across a site you may find helpful if you need any parts. New Suzuki LT230S Quad Sport Parts at Vince's Cycle

Edited by DirtDemon