Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Does anyboy know anything about the trails in Kingston? If so, is it legal to ride there.

I heard there is lots of riding there, but I don't know if it's legal or not>

I used to work in the Ulster County mall in Kingston..years ago... Sears Auto...:yes: Unfortunately I have no idea about trails up there. I live 1 1/2 hours south currently.

the only place in new york that would be somewhat close to u would be atv new york

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.
thats legal.. if their r places to ride in kingston which im sure their are they r prob privately owned or illegal to ride on sorry i cant help more but thats the only place i know that would be close to u

Edited by outlander560

I travel 3 hrs. to NJ and 3hrs. to PA every 2 to 3 weeks to ride. Kingston is nothing, I can make it there in 2 hrs. flat, I just want to know if it's leagal to ride there so I don't waste a trip driving up there.

I would give a call to a local dealer up there and see if someone there knows where everyone is riding. Try these guys:

On the Trail Cycle

83 1/2 Ten Broeck Avenue,

Kingston, NY 12401

(845) 338-7822

That's already Ulster County, I'm not sure on the rules for atvs up there. I know they have had atv races in the past at the Ulster County Fair.

Unfortunately it is like a lot of NY. There are tons of trails, but none of it is legal. Unless you are up in Tug Hill, or in a private park you run the risk of running into your local constabularies.

I am just a bit south of Kingston and would not be surprised at all that there is lots of good riding. But you would need a local to point you in the safest directions.

I'll agree with potown.....NY is basically "riding dirty".

You could check out trailpass.com , but hearsay states it's not worth the $$$.

ATV New York is pretty much defunct, and that leaves Tug Hill.

Good news is that things are looking good for OHV in that area of the state.

Technically, if you have permission from the land owner, you are allowed to ride;

if not, you're dirty and subject to the constabularies ;)

There are clubs in the state that ride hunting club land; trick is finding them ;)

Blab mode off....

-TD

good point TX...we ride a lot of private land, but there is a patch of state land we ride within the loop we do...you just go as fast as you can through that area so you dont get caught :) :)

-TD

Very good point. All state or privately owned usually.

Yeh, the north east sucks for riding. In the mean time I think I'll hit one of the state foests imass. I hear it's good riding over there.

The only issue with Mass is you need to register separately in Mass to be legal. They do not recognize NY Reg.

True, potown.....

I'm hearing some rumors that things are changing for the better in my area of NY.....Lower Hudson Valley.

Not a far drive from Kingston......

Keep your eyes and ears peeled.....and let's not do anything to undermine this! :D :D :D :D :D

That isn't directed towards anyone specific....just sayin'....ya know? ;)

-Tom D

You could check out trailpass.com , but hearsay states it's not worth the $$$.

ATV New York is pretty much defunct, and that leaves Tug Hill.

Good news is that things are looking good for OHV in that area of the state.

Technically, if you have permission from the land owner, you are allowed to ride;

if not, you're dirty and subject to the constabularies ;)

There are clubs in the state that ride hunting club land; trick is finding them ;)

Blab mode off....

-TD

urgh it frusterates me to no end that its like that here in NY.......around here it doesnt matter if you have permission to ride or not, u are always gettin harassed by the law....always lookin over the shoulder and it takes away the enjoyment.....it really is sad...