pcollins

quick atc 70 question

Hey guys, just a quick question here, this is on a 1984 atc 70.

statorpicture.jpg

that circled part above the condenser (felt), i don't have that. is it extremely important?

and the circled part near the points, is that where this goes? in between the flywheel rubbing area and the points?: http://dratv.com/poincamrubfe.html

or does that felt go in between forks on the condenser like in the pic.

thanks. hope to be a useful member here.

Edited by pcollins

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Well Hello!!!!!!!!

You know,,,,Its been so long since I have messed with any of that stuff I dont want to THINK I know your Answer.....I dont often do this for this Particular Web site anymore but I think you will find what you are looking for over there and Much Much More.....The guys and gals over there are VERY Knowledgeable with the ATC70....Hell,,,,they have a Forum devoted to them....LOL.....Just be sure to tell them that I sent ya.....:wink:

www.3wheeler.org

ok thanks. i'll go check them out.

it's just a wick to keep the cam lubricated....they don't last forever...I don't think I've seen an oldie with one still on it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wylde1
      I would love to take one of these for a rip.
      http://www.atv.com/atc-250r-two-wheel-missile-kit-conversion?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=fb-feb2017&utm_medium=cpc
    • By patricknperkins
      Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.
      As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.
      Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By upper_tanker
      Hey all, new guy here. I am wondering if anyone has one of these machines, that can possibly take a picture/tell me where the hoes goes from the timing chain cover. I took this machine apart in the fall of 2014, planning to rebuild the top end, and didn't get around to doing it until about a month ago. motor is back together, and I'm just curious as to where this hose goes. One end has a plastic ribbed fitting in it.
      Also, the rear upper nipple on the carburetor.....what goes there? is that just a breather also or?
      I have the rubber piece that slides into the rear of the gas tank with 3 hoses: 2 go to the rear, and 1 is just a clear piece of hose that isn't connected anywhere.
      I have another one of these machines, but it is 5 hours away.
      I guess that's what I get for waiting a year and a half to put it back together lol.
      Thanks
    • By gadawg31
      I have searched all over and can't find anything on how to adjust the valves on my sons 2007 Polaris sportsman 90. Has anyone done this? Anyone have a manual for the 90 showing how to do it? I need to get this done pretty quick, since he has a ride coming very soon. Thanks.
      JD