Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pcollins

quick atc 70 question

Hey guys, just a quick question here, this is on a 1984 atc 70.

statorpicture.jpg

that circled part above the condenser (felt), i don't have that. is it extremely important?

and the circled part near the points, is that where this goes? in between the flywheel rubbing area and the points?: http://dratv.com/poincamrubfe.html

or does that felt go in between forks on the condenser like in the pic.

thanks. hope to be a useful member here.

Edited by pcollins

Well Hello!!!!!!!!

You know,,,,Its been so long since I have messed with any of that stuff I dont want to THINK I know your Answer.....I dont often do this for this Particular Web site anymore but I think you will find what you are looking for over there and Much Much More.....The guys and gals over there are VERY Knowledgeable with the ATC70....Hell,,,,they have a Forum devoted to them....LOL.....Just be sure to tell them that I sent ya.....:wink:

www.3wheeler.org

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Rick Shropshire
      Happy New Year all! Remember not to operate any vehicles while under the influence, you could get busted or worse, you could get hurt or hurt someone else who's playing it safe and end up in jail. Have fun and be safe.
    • By Aidan
      Hey
      so this is my last resort. My 1984 Honda trx200 does not have spark. Note: I can’t attempt any repairs until 1/2/19
      Ill break everything down. 
      Pre-Issue: 
      Before the problem started. I noticed the atv was having a hard time starting and would stall out often. I assumed this was because of a fuel issue and I took off the fuel tank and noticed a bunch of rust/dirt inside. I cleaned it the best I could and took the carb off and it had stuff inside and a clogged jet so I cleaned it, put on a new fuel line, and added a fuel filter after realizing it hadn’t had one in over 5 years. After that I changed over to super (fuel) and noticed it had less power. I ran it like that and kept adjusting the air/fuel.
      The Problem:
      One day I was riding in like 95% humidity (wasn’t quite raining but it felt like it was) and I parked it and turned it off. It took about an hour of cranking and sitting till it ran. Later that day it did the same thing except it would start. I noticed I had spark but it would ignite the fuel then just spin. 
      I got it home and had been trying to find the problem when I noticed I no longer had spark. 
      What I tried:
      I tested the stator, replaced the spark plug wire/coil. Replaced the CDI box with a known working one. Replaced the spark plug. Also I noticed the positive to the battery had two wires going to it and tied together (see picture below) was butchered. I cut the wire off and cleaned the connection and put the wire on its own connection and attached it to the battery. After all this I still have so spark. 
      Aditional notes:
      I have had problems with the NGK plug not working after the first use in the past.
      Also when I tested the wires from the CDI I noticed it would spike on the multimeter when I released the starter button. I took apart the CDI in my diagnosis and noticed brown rust looking stuff all over it. I cleaned it and put it back on. 
      I also tested the battery and it is at 12.5V

• By Tony Amato
      I recently bought a 2008 Polaris 90cc outlaw for my daughter it only needed a few things like a carburetor and a transmission shaft which I fixed with ease. The headlights on this vehicle are dim so I bought a aftermarket set of headlights also a  small winch does anyone know if the stator puts out enough voltage to run these extra accessories do they sell a stator that puts out higher amps? I would appreciate any help that you guys should give me
    • By Bubblehead
      Been working on a Grizzly 600 with no spark.  Went through the troubleshooting chart and everything checks out within tolerance.  Anyone ever heard of the magnet for the pulse coil going bad?  Changed out the Pulse coil even though the one in there passed resistance check.  Have 44 vrms coming out of the source coil but only 1/2 vrms out of the pulse (at cranking speed).  Is that enough to fire the CDI?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By natche
      Long story short, I purchased an 86 or 87  ( the last year made) 250sx aTC about 5 years ago.  It was in pretty good original condition.  A friend helped me clean the tank, carb etc and it started right up.  I drove it around a few times and that was about that.  It is located in Northern California at a friend’s place and I reside in southern Ca about 500 miles away. 
      I’m debating going up and retrieving it but I kind of have too many projects to really enjoy it.  My rebuild on my 64 Land Rover is gonna tank space and priority.
      i was wondering approx value of it as well as if it’s worth transporting down to Southern Ca for a larger market/better price?? If I remember correctly, everything is in pretty good shape, may need new toilets soon. 
      thoughts ?  I appreciate the input.

• By Maggie Hall
      View File 1985 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate ATC Service Manual Supplement
      1985 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate ATC Service Manual Supplement
      Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/26/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Maggie Hall
      1985 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate ATC Service Manual Supplement
    • By Maggie Hall
      View File 1984-85 Honda ATC 125m Shop Service Manual
      1984 1985 Honda ATC 125m Service Manual Three Wheeler 3 wheeler ATC CD
      Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/26/2018 Category Honda ATV  
    • By Maggie Hall