Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

joevee1446

brute force battery 4x4 problem

Please help, someone - anyone.

I'm trying to correct some problems with a friends Brute Force and I'm down to the last one, that I know of.

The 4X4 fuse hast to be pulled when the ATV is parked or the battery will go dead. If the fuse is not pulled the ATV's battery will go dead overnight. However, when the 4x4 fuse is pulled the ATV can sit for days and the battery will NOT go dead.

Can anyone explain and point me in the right direction to fix the problem. I'm think the 4x4 relay is bad or there has to be some sort of short circuit. The 4x4 and switch work fine, it just runs the battery down when parked and I'm getting tired of having to pull the fuse every day.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Get a digital multimeter if you don't have one and start testing the circuit, I think you have the right idea, just start checking any connection in the circuit that you can get to. Check for voltage where there shouldn't be any. Switches and relays, the actuator itself. Relays are cheap, I would replace that and go from there. As a last resort, you can always just put an on/off switch in the curcuit, it is not the best solution, but it will keep the battery from dying and would be easier than pulling the fuse.

Get a digital multimeter if you don't have one and start testing the circuit, I think you have the right idea, just start checking any connection in the circuit that you can get to. Check for voltage where there shouldn't be any. Switches and relays, the actuator itself. Relays are cheap, I would replace that and go from there. As a last resort, you can always just put an on/off switch in the curcuit, it is not the best solution, but it will keep the battery from dying and would be easier than pulling the fuse.

Dirt Demon is right on the money with that, get a multimeter and test the circuit. Do you leave it in 4WD when turning it off? With the multimiter in place, test the 4wd on and off (before shutting it down). I'm thinking 4WD actuator or switch.

What year and how many CCs? 650 or 750?

Unfortunately you need to do some electrical troubleshooting like these guys said. Get yourself a good wiring diagram/manual and multi-meter.

If you're still having issues, try:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.
is a great source of all things Kawie ATV...

Good luck...

-TomD