Quantcast

My truck for a hauling my ATVs.

Thanks, it is an old ranch hand bumper, I call it the "mad max" bumper. I obviously needed to fix the bumper and since the previous owner had hit a deer @ 65mph the front end was all messed up. Even if I had gotten a factory replacement or used bumper it wouldn't have lined up right with out a awful lot of work.

I didn't want to spend a lot as I only use it as a farm truck and to go to the dump so the heavy duty front end works as I'm always banging through the woods and fields. The ranch hand bumper on craigslist cost me $200 and took care of any/all issues with gaps/alignment/etc. Any more deer run-ins will likely be fixed with a squirt of the hose and a can of flat black. :)

I have a total of $1700 invested in this truck and it runs really strong with the 350 vortech.

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn. 
    • By bco20
      does anyone have an owners manual or repair manual i could download ?i got a 2018 king quad 5oo eps special edition can not find either anywhere thanks