Quantcast

Just got out of jail.

So, my wife gets a call from my sister friday morning. She is frantic and begging my wife to take her to the hospital because her P.O.S. boyfriend broke her jaw. My wife then wakes me up and I go instead. When I get there, I see her trying to leave the house, but captain douchebag doesn't want to let her go. So I jump over the gate and run toward the house yelling at this fool to let her go. Instead of being smart, he tells me that she isn't going anywhere and she isn't hurt that bad. She has blood all over her face and chest. Naturally I am a bit infuriated at the site of my little sister all beat up and I am actually looking in the face of the guy who is responsible and tells me again that I am not taking her anywhere and he takes a swing at me, and hits me in the face. I then proceeded to beat this turd pretty badly. His grandmother had called the police before I had even gotten there and they showed up while I was pummeling his face. I told them he hit me first and that I was just trying to get my sister out of there. I would have been fine if I had kept it at a reasonable amount of self defense, but my anger got the better of me and I took it way too far in thier opinion. Probably true, but I still think the turd deserved what he got, and I think he is lucky to have walked away from it. Turns out I had hurt him pretty bad and might get in some trouble over it. His jaw is broken in four places, along with his nose and left cheek bone, he also suffered a concussion. My sister is going to be getting her jaw wired shut tomorrow morning. I don't condone violence, and I am usually very non-confrontaional, but one thing I cannot tolerate is a woman beater, especially when the woman is my baby sister.

I suppose you are right, my lawyer even said I might be able to get off completely since he beat her up so bad and he technically attacked me, and his grandmother "says" she will testify on my behalf. However he also said that the prosecutor is likely to make me out to be some kind of dangerous animal since I beat him up so badly. Also, I have one assault charge on my record from when I beat up my step dad for hitting my mother. The only time I have ever hit anyone has been in self defense or defending someone else who couldn't defend themselves.

You did what I think everyone would have liked to do Several times in their Lives but never had the Balls....If More people were to stick up for themselves and for people that Cant I think we would have less Violence...(That last Sentence makes sense to me...LOL!!!) I commend you for what you did.....Hope your Sister Recovers with no problems....

Tell her to wear this to Court

id_love_to_smash_your_face_in_tshirt-p2358058587816400013ohd_400.jpg

DD man I am sorry to hear that but I like everyone else I don't fault you for what you did. I think that especially since he swung first and had already assaulted your sister got whatever he deserved. This is what is wrong with our country right now. He should take responsibility for what he has done. This is kinda like robbing someone and slipping on their floor and suing them. If he hadn't hurt your sister in the first place none of what he got would have happened. I will be praying that your sister recovers quickly and that you get some justice out of this.

My sister has yet to have her surgery, turns out they wanted her to finnish a course of antibiotics first, she had her pre-op appointment yesterday and isn't shcheduled for surgery until Friday, but she may get in Thursday if they can make room for her. She is hangin in there but in alot of pain, she is so doped up on pain killers that she just sleeps most of the day. From what I hear, the goober had to have his jaw fixed immediately because it was broken so badly and the rest will heal on its own as long as he doesn't re injure his cheek or nose. My sister is staying with me right now, but she is scared that this guy may come around looking for her. It makes me feel a little worried to leave the house, but my brother lives with me too and is here most all day, so I'm sure every thing will be fine.

I'm starting to think you didn't do enough to this guy, although it sounds like it might be enough to make him stay away from her. Personally, I'd give you a medal.

The situation was much worse in reality than I lead on, there are several things that I did not mention when I originally posted because I am not really that proud of how out of hand I felt my behavior was. Even though the situation required me to protect myself and my sister, I really don't like the way I get when things get ugly like that, truth is, I almost killed this guy, and probably would have if the police had not shown up when they did. However, alot of new things have come to my attention that make me feel like I am lucky that I did exactly what I did. I will explain more in the next post.

Sorry I missed this thread earlier...I would have reacted the same way. I think you did the right thing...she's your sister and you need to defend her. Same with your mom, brother..whoever you love.

If it means you get a record..so be it. You did the right thing. Just make sure your sister is on the same page..sometimes these things turn out where you did the right thing and the people get back together because they make excuses for the violence or something.

Good luck with all of this!!!

So, the plot thickens. I did not mention before that my sister has been battling a serious drug problem for quite some time. That is how she ends up with losers like this guy who beat her up. So after I was arrested and taken away from the scene, the police took a statement from the guys grandmother who was the only other witness to the incident. While there, they stumbled across a loaded 9mm handgun that the guy had dropped while chasing after my sister when she tried to leave. Apparently the guy was expecting me to come after him when I got there, so he had prepared for my arrival by loading his gun. Lucky for me it fell from the waist of his pants when he jumped from the door and fell, as there is no porch, just a 3 foot drop to the ground. I had no idea the guy had a gun, my sister claims that she didn't know he had it either. If I would have let up and stopped beating him, I could have been shot.

So I learned of this before I had my first court date to enter my plea. I had not spoken a word to any authority until then, so they had no idea that I didn't know about the gun. Of course when I spoke with the procecutor, I told her that I saw the gun fall from his pants and I was afraid that If I had let him up he might be able to get to it before I got away. Also, this guy was so whacked out on crystal meth, that he just kept coming at me, I mean this guy should have been unconcious long before he finally went out. I must have hit this guy 15 or 20 times with every thing I had and he still kept fighting back. I am not the biggest guy in the world, but I am not a small guy either, and there is no way he should have been unable to take that many blows to the head and still be awake. It wasn't untill I slammed his head into a the hitch of a boat trailer while four cops were trying to pry me off of him that he finally went out. Anyway after finding the gun, which was stolen, they had probable cause to search the entire property, and they found enough chemicals, equipment, and dope to charge him, and his grandmother whith manufacturing a controlled substance. First the procecutor offered a one year suspended sentence on the condition that I pay $800 in fines, perform 120 hours of community service and plea guilty to a 1st degree assault charge. I basically told her to take a hike, and I plan to exercise my right to a jury trial within 60 days. I told her that I didn't think that a jury would find me guilty since this guy threatened me with a deadly weapon and then assaulted me before I laid a finger on him. Turns out she agreed, and dropped all charges provided that I complete an anger management class and don't try to kill anymore tweakers for a year. I have had to do the anger management thing before when I beat up my stepdad for hitting my mom and they had determined that I my anger problem was a medical issue due to extremely high testosterone levels. Basically, I am fine untill I am pushed past my limit and at that point I experience an uncontrollable rush of anger and adrenaline that makes me, rather unpleasant to be around.

So after I think this is all pretty much over, I was out celebrating my wife's birthday and we stopped by the local bar on the way home. Inside, I run into some people that I had not seen for a while, we began to chat a bit and I mentioned this whole deal to them and it turns out, these guys are the douchebag's good friends and they have actually been looking for me to settle the score. So things get a little heated but they get kicked out of the bar. My wife and I stay untill closing time and call her sister to come pick us up. 4 freakin hours later, these guys are sitting out in the parking lot waiting for me. They jump out of a car as we are walking by and knock my wife to the ground trying to get at me. Which of course sent me into a blind rage and I knocked one guy right out but the other guy was right on top of me before I could do anything and kind of shoulder checked me into the car behind me. Then my sister-in-law, who is 8 months pregnant, hit the guy in the back of the head with her purse and he turned toward her so I grabbed him and slammed his head through her passenger side window. At that point the bouncers from the bar pulled me off him and took us back into the bar untill the police arrived. I didn't get in any trouble this time, but the incident will be reported and my name will be on it, so I don't know how that will affect my deal on the other charges. I wish this could just come to an end, now I don't want to sleep at night because I am worried about my family being hurt as a result of this big mess. I have been contemplating buying a gun, but I still have mixed feelings about that. It's not that I have anything against it, I think it is the right of everyone to protect their home and family any way possible. I just don't want things to have to go that far. At the same time, I can't stand the thought of some one coming into my home and possibly hurting my wife or child. These people are absolutely crazy and I wouldn't put anything past them, I don't know what I would do if they harmed my family in some way. My sister is one thing, she put her self in that position, but now it is endagering me,my wife and even worse, my son. I am pretty sure these people know where I live and it is driving me insane.

I appreciate that Scott. I have alot of fiercely loyal friends who are helping me keep an I on my family and home while I am not able to be there. Knowing that someone will always be around to make sure my family is not alone makes me feel alot better. And my next door neighbor is a really good guy and said he will help keep and eye on things for me too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts, I do appreciate the kind words. I took my self a little vacation with the family to clear my thoughts, I feel alot better now. Recharged and ready to deal with whatever comes of this situation. However, the friend that house-sat for me didn't have any issues and from what I hear through the dirty grapevine, people are getting the word that it would be best to leave me alone. I don't associate much with these people, but there are a few people in that messed up circle that know me well from when we were younger, and are "encouraging" people to leave me alone. So hopefully things will be returning to normal soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, it is one less thing I have had to deal with, my life is crazy enough with a disabled child and a mentally ill brother. The last thing I need is to have to deal with the aftermath of someone elses poor choices. Thankfully I have still not had anymore problems with that particular situation. My sister is still off screwing up, but she is almost healed up and she has moved to another area, away from the douchebag.

• 1 month later...

Yes, he definately got what he deserved, although, I have heard he is already out of jail. People who know him say he has no intention of starting anymore trouble with me, I hope it stays that way. My sister has moved to another area with her mother about 100 miles north of here, so he won't be bothering her anymore either. So things have been quite peaceful and somewhat normal around here and I am thankful for that.